Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocolate No Cheat Paleo Doughnuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chocolate No Cheat Paleo Doughnuts

    These ROCK! Oh yeah. Dedicated to Dr. Bork Bork as she recovers from surgery. Nothing like a good chocolate doughnut to make life a little easier. No sugar. Sweetness w/o the cheatness


    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

    We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

  • #2
    This. Looks. AMAZING.

    I'll have to experiment with this soon-maybe Wednesday.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

    Current Age: 25

    Total Loss: 126 lbs

    Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

    Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

    Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

    My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks great, and I can't believe the ingredients are actually the good stuff!

      I don't have a donut pan, but I'm thinking I'll try these in a muffin pan, just not filling them much.
      Durp.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        Looks great, and I can't believe the ingredients are actually the good stuff!

        I don't have a donut pan, but I'm thinking I'll try these in a muffin pan, just not filling them much.
        ^I was JUST thinking that. I figure it'll still taste as good, just be in a different shape.
        Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

        Current Age: 25

        Total Loss: 126 lbs

        Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

        Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

        Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

        My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

        Comment


        • #5
          Let me know how yours turn out
          FaceBook: PaleoMusings

          We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

          Comment


          • #6
            My daughter has a mini-donut maker she got as a present -- this was back in the CW days. Basically a two sided "hot plate" with forms for making the batter donut shaped as it cooked.

            Maybe we can dust that sucker off and use it again!!
            Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

            Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
            Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

            Comment


            • #7
              So gonna make these next week!

              Comment


              • #8
                do those doughnut pans make cake donuts that are akin to a fried cake doughnut? I mean like will they bake and be dense on the outside yet chewy bit still kind of firm on the inside? or is it just like a piece of cake in doughnut form?

                Comment


                • #9
                  you had me at DOUGHNUT, and NO CHEAT....
                  If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is really making me want to buy a doughnut maker. These look pretty legit for having no flour of any kind at all. I've never been a huge fan of doughnuts because they're so sickeningly sweet and greasy, but the chocolate cake donuts were always the exception - dense, rich and not overly sweet. My sweet tooth is starting to poke its very rare head. I may have to invest in a doughnut machine or do something drastic for my next post-workout meal, like a banana bread stuffed with cheesecake or something evil like that.
                    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                      This is really making me want to buy a doughnut maker. These look pretty legit for having no flour of any kind at all. I've never been a huge fan of doughnuts because they're so sickeningly sweet and greasy, but the chocolate cake donuts were always the exception - dense, rich and not overly sweet. My sweet tooth is starting to poke its very rare head. I may have to invest in a doughnut machine or do something drastic for my next post-workout meal, like a banana bread stuffed with cheesecake or something evil like that.
                      And there's a saying Paleo guys can't think outside the box (via Matt stone 180 degree health...)
                      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You're awesome! Thank you.
                        Breakfast in the AM.

                        count on me busting into my chocolate coconut oil for extra deliciousness.
                        --Trish (Bork)
                        TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                        http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                        FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                          do those doughnut pans make cake donuts that are akin to a fried cake doughnut? I mean like will they bake and be dense on the outside yet chewy bit still kind of firm on the inside? or is it just like a piece of cake in doughnut form?
                          They are much like a store bought doughnut on the outside texture. They have a crisp outside from baking and b/c of the 3T coconut oil in it. The doughnut pan is like a muffin pan or mini bunt cake pan but in the shape of a bagel or doughnut. They are thinner than say a Dunkin doughnut. No flour, gluten or sugar..but they rise pretty well.
                          FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                          We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dr. Bork bork View Post
                            you're awesome! Thank you.
                            Breakfast in the am.

                            Count on me busting into my chocolate coconut oil for extra deliciousness.
                            woot!!
                            FaceBook: PaleoMusings

                            We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ooh those look good - might help my youngest get over her sweet tooth, too!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X