Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you make tomato sauce from just tomatoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you make tomato sauce from just tomatoes?

Can you make tomato sauce from just tomatoes?
    well then

Yes. You just cook them down until they reach the desired consistency. I think they're usually put through a food mill or a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds.

Comment

you can make tomato paste from tomatoes too
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Most recipes add things like onion & garlic but there is no reason why you cannot just omit these and make it 'pure'. Note that roma tomatoes (egg shape) are best for sauce. Sample recipe (I'd leave out the sugar too).
        Odille
        F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
        following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

You horrible, horrible people! tomato sauce only comes from huge amounts of processing, HFCS and chemical preservatives!!

ROTFLOL - some of the best tomato sauce I have tasted has consisted of tomatoes, some herbs and a pressure cooker.

Comment

i use a few herbs, a little wine (or balsamic vinegar) and olive oil, some S&P, and of course tomatoes. use canned unless you're getting superbly heavy, fresh tomatoes; i wouldn't try making tomato sauce from those styrofoam tomato imposters in the winter, yuck! you can leave it chunky or blend it. also, a touch of vodka at the beginning is delicious. once you get the hang of it, you can play around with the ingredients.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I made it myself one time and it wasn't too difficult. And if I can make sauce, anybody can make sauce.

It's much easier to pick up a jar of Newman's Own Sockarooni sauce.
              It's got some sugar in it but otherwise the ingredients are pretty simple. As long as I don't eat the whole jar on my spaghetti squash I'm fine. Mmmmm.. spaghetti and meatballs tonight.
              "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

Working...
              X