Dairy-Free Coconut Whipped Cream
Original Recipe by Patty
Technique by Healthy Living How To
Prep Time: 1 minute
Whiz Time: 30 seconds
- 1 can Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin, Organic
- 1 Large Organic Pastured Egg
- 1 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 28 drops NuNaturals Pure Liquid Clear Stevia
1. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or VitaMix.
2. Whiz on the highest speed for 30 seconds, no more, no less.
3. Pour cream into iSi whipper and charge.
4. Before dispensing, refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight until well chilled.
If you read my Casein Confession post, you will notice this is the exact same recipe for the Coconut Coffee Creamer (from Patty @ Following My Nose) with the addition of stevia. The difference is using the iSi Cream Whipper to add volume and texture similar to the whipped cream. I have made this many many many times with much success. The one and only time it flopped, was when I used a different brand of coconut milk and my mother-in-law's cheap-o blender. After blending, the coconut creamer is a thick pourable liquid, however after refrigerating overnight, the magic happens. Don't fret if you don't have an iSi whipper, you can still make this, however, instead of being whipped and airy, it will thicken and solidify. To fancy up a dessert you can add the thick cream to a frosting bag and pipe on. I make a batch of this weekly and use it as my coffee creamer as well as a topping for my post-workout berries.