LifeHacker - Cook Eggs in Bell Peppers or Onion Rings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LifeHacker - Cook Eggs in Bell Peppers or Onion Rings

Cook Eggs in Bell Peppers or Onion Rings for a Simple, Clever Breakfast Treat

I like this! Definitely a change from dicing up 1/2 a pepper and mixing it into my eggs. I may try three of these and then mix my mushrooms & spinach in with my avocado/tomato salad.

Hint: You can do the same thing with avocado....
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Sounds great!
      Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I think I'd break the yolk while they cook unless I decided I needed some extra carbs, then I'd leave the eggs sunny side up but place it all over some shredded sweet potato hash browns to help soak up the yolk! Generally I like to limit my carbs first thing in the morning, but sometimes you just want more

Comment

They look so pretty, I will have to try it.
          Life. Be in it.

Comment

yummmm, never thought to do it in a onion ring...

Comment

My older sis did something similar with eggs inside a slice of bread (forgot the name). But, this one is intriguing!
              If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

bird in a nest, i believe

and if i liked peppers or onions i'd be all over that. cause that's adorable

yes i'm a girl sometimes, shut up
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                  yummmm, never thought to do it in a onion ring...
                  You can do it in an onion ring any time you want, it's just gonna smell like onions afterwards.

Comment

I'm totally going to use this idea!

Comment

Tried it today with orange bell peppers. SO GOOD!! ate it as a side to my burger with sauteed mushrooms and onions.
                      Nom for sure

Comment

Yumm, they look good! I'm gonna try that too Lily Marie!
                        SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
                        “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

DSC6897-Edit.jpg

Yeah... I'd still have a pile of peppers and onions with it.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

So cool! The pepper one may just be a hit with my kiddo! Gotta try them on her!
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I suggest cutting the pepper rings at least 1" wide. My mandoline slicer was too thin, even on the thick setting. The egg spilled over a little - but it will differ, depending on the size of your peppers.

Comment

Working...
                              X