Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need *quick* help w skinless boneless chicken recipe!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need *quick* help w skinless boneless chicken recipe!

I go in for out-patient shoulder surgery tomorrow, and I live alone, so between now and then I need to make a bunch of pre-prepared meals. Chicken breast is going to be a mainstay. I guess baking it is going to be the easiest way to prepare it in bulk, but are there any recipes or ideas you might have to make it cook up a little less dry than normal? Other than covering them in bacon, that is?

then again, maybe at this late stage I shouldn't get overly ambitious -- I could just salt and pepper them and bake em to 160, cool em, cut em up, and call it a day. But ... is anything better I could do? -- assuming I'll feel up to eating anything, what with the pain killers and the anesthesia hangover and whatnot ...

thanks!

Crock pot to make juicy meat? That way, you can shred it and add different spices later.

You could take some of the breasts and pound them, then use a little bit of coconut flour(or substitute) mixed with spices and bake them.

plain baked breasts can be great for chopping into chunks and turning into chicken salad.

Comment

This is for turkey breast, but I think the same applies:

Should You Cook Your Turkey in Parts? | Serious Eats

I cooked a sheet tray full of chicken breast on Sunday. I think the oven was set to 220 or something low like that and I took them out when my probe registered 145. They are very moist and not at all dry.

Comment

Cutting them up and rubbing them in a Jamaican Jerk rub and broiling them 5 min on each side is super easy and gives the chicken breasts some flavor.

Comment

great suggestions, thanks all!

now i've got to go do some cooking ..,,

Comment

Chicken soup? Organic broth is easy to come by if you don't mind a trip to the store. Cut up the breasts into chunks (I find it quickest and easiest to do this with scissors), throw em in the broth with some vegetables, season, the end. You could crockpot it if you want, or just do it on the stove. I usually use a big pot and then just reheat the whole pot of soup, take a portion, and put it back in the fridge every time I want to eat some. You could also freeze portions in ziploc bags.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

you can shred it and add different spices later.

Comment

lots of good ideas. cooked em up in different ways yesterday, all set to go today. thanks!

Comment

Good luck and best wishes with your surgery and recovery.

Comment

thanks!!!!

Comment

Good luck with your surgery! Get well soon!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Very best wishes for your surgery and paleo recovery!

Comment

24 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 4 pounds
                          1 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
                          1 tablespoon cumin seeds
                          1 tablespoon coriander seeds
                          12 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
                          2 3-inch pieces ginger, peeled and diced
                          2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
                          Zest of 1 lemon
                          1/4 cup tomato paste
                          1 tablespoon water
                          1 teaspoon black pepper

Toss the chicken thighs with the salt in a large bowl. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and toss in the cumin and coriander seeds. Toast, shaking the pan frequently, for about 60 seconds. Pull the pan off the heat and pour the seeds into a small food processor.

Add the smashed garlic, chopped ginger and peppers, lemon zest, tomato paste, water and black pepper. Pulse the mixture until it is liquid and goopy. Toss thoroughly with the chicken. Refrigerate up to 24 hours, or cook immediately.

Heat the grill to high and oil the grate lightly. When hot, cook the chicken 4 minutes on each side, covered.

You can also cook these indoors on a grill pan or in a sauté pan, also cooking 4-8 minutes total, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.

Comment

Got a grill or smoker? Best chicken ever!
                            Good luck with the surgery!
                            Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                            Friend me on "The Facebook"
                            Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

Working...
                            X