need snack options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need snack options

I started a new job and the people here literally graze all day. Its very frustrating. They have mounds of chocolate, donuts, cakes, cookies etch and all around me everyone is eating. I'm pretty good about ignoring it, but i have co-workers stop by my desk several times a day dropping off goodies. I don't eat it but they get offended. I found that if I have a snack on my desk already, they will walk by. I have a boat of nuts but i feel like I'm gaining weight from all the nuts I've eaten 0 could anyone recommend something else that I could keep on my desk that would be a healthy alternative?

thanks! Twink

Pork rinds? People will probably say eeewwww and walk away. If you don't like pork rinds, so much the better. Hehe.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

seaweed? i like dulse but could only buy wakame leaf today. it's a bit harder to eat but I hold it in my mouth to rehydrate. Plus it's lovely and salty

Comment

Organic beef jerky, cocoa nibs?
        I think that once you get further in, you really won't care and snacking won't be appealing to you- at least that's what I've found. And I was a chronic grazer. I was never not eating before PB. First month I was asking questions like this- feeling at a loss for snack foods, then all of the sudden, snacks weren't even desirable.
        As for your coworkers, you could always claim gluten or sugar sensitivity (because it's pretty true for most of us) and put up a sign or just let people know gently.
        You don't have to be sick to get better.
        Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
        Primal start: 1/2/2012
        My Primal Journal
        Living, loving and learning.

Comment

If you can avoid snacking at all it will be better for you. But if you need something, roasted chicken drumsticks are great. We do big batches then have them on hand when needed.

Other options are carrot sticks, chopped up red pepper or any other raw veg that you like. You could also get something to dip it in. Guacamole or cottage cheese are my favourites.

Sugar is my nicotine...

Comment

Pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, dried or fresh fruit, Greek yogurt

Comment

They need to grow up and stop taking it as an offense.

Comment

Instead of a boat of nuts or something, put a little satanic altar on your desk. That will keep people away.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Some of my favorite snack options include:
                  Kale Chips
                  Home made Paleo style veggie burger
                  My home made Dino-Muffins
                  Nuts
                  Carrots
                  Roasted sweet potato cubes
                  Half an apple/orange/banana
                  Coconut Oil Fudge
                  Raw, unpasteurized cheese wedge
                  Medjool Dates
                  Raw, vegan, gluten free, soy free no bake brownies

Comment

Don't snack, it's a bad habit. Consider eating in a feeding window outside work.
                    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Comment

If this is a new position, it would be the ideal time to set your boundries. People at my office graze all day long too; however, I've never participated in their rituals. When asked, I told them I don't eat wheat or sugar (that pretty much covers it all). A "no thank you" will suffice. I was having snacks (almonds and/or a cheese stick) up until 3 weeks ago when someone on this site asked me why I was snacking. I said it was because I was hungry. Guess what? I adjusted my protein and fat intake and haven't needed a snack since (now I eat about every 5-6 hours). I sing happy birthday and go to the office parties, but I just don't eat any of it. Once your food is in order, it will lose it's appeal.
                      Mannydog

Comment

Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                        Organic beef jerky, cocoa nibs?
                        I think that once you get further in, you really won't care and snacking won't be appealing to you- at least that's what I've found. And I was a chronic grazer. I was never not eating before PB. First month I was asking questions like this- feeling at a loss for snack foods, then all of the sudden, snacks weren't even desirable.
                        As for your coworkers, you could always claim gluten or sugar sensitivity (because it's pretty true for most of us) and put up a sign or just let people know gently.
                        THIS. totally. i had this same issue at work, and finally made the not un-true announcement that the reason i couldn't indulge was because of my food sensitivities.
                        they'll get used to it after a bit, and will no longer want to hear you say things like "digestive upset", or my personal favorite, "spastic colon".

Comment

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                          THIS. totally. i had this same issue at work, and finally made the not un-true announcement that the reason i couldn't indulge was because of my food sensitivities.
                          they'll get used to it after a bit, and will no longer want to hear you say things like "digestive upset", or my personal favorite, "spastic colon".
                          rotflmaf

Comment

uhhhh... no snacks... snacks are baaad... m'kay
                            "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

Working...
                            X