primal dessert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primal dessert

So, I'm new to this...it's been just over a week of baby steps. In the past I've been known for my baking abilities. With this in mind I was asked to bring a dessert to a gathering we're going to on Saturday. I agreed before beginning my conversion to Primal living and just sat down to make a grocery list and realized I have to take something.

Any suggestions?

Someone around here had a recipe for a fruit salad tossed with coconut oil and some shredded coconut. I was just thinking the other day how making a almond flour crust with butter and putting blueberries on top might make an interested dessert if a situation ever calls for it.

Comment

OR...melt almond flour and butter on top of blueberries and make a blueberry cobbler of some sort.

Comment

There are some AWSOME recipes on this lovely lady's food blog. She follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which is basically the same as primal.

http://milkforthemorningcake.blogspot.com/

Otherwise, I would suggest buying several bags of berries throwing them into a large bowl and providing copious amounts of full fat cream. Who doesn't love berries and cream?!

Comment

this is a great site for desserts!

i made the raspberry bonbons for superbowl sunday andthey were amazing... she has a ton of great looking treats!

http://www.elanaspantry.com/

Comment

I don't know how much of a purist you are (and I'm not, but I'm coming along)...

For Christmas, we had a "traditional southern" theme we were to try to adhere to (ham, sweet potatoes, etc.), and I committed to dessert before some health problems forced me to not eat my own baked goods (and I love to bake, and everyone expects me to)!

I bought some high-quality preserved/jarred peaches in their own juice, drained them and reduced the juice a bit in a saucepan with some riesling and a couple vanilla beans, and served them with good mascarpone, crushed toasted pecans, and a sprig of mint. They were a hit, and nobody noticed I hadn't baked for them.

For New Years, I poached pears in red wine, cloves, and cinnamon (and a little light-flavored honey, just enough to take the edge off), and served with a couple of different cheeses, toasted nuts, and dark chocolate squares (served everything arranged on a platter, and folks could choose their own combo). This went over well, too, and again, no (open, at least) criticism of lack of bakery.

Comment

Working...
            X