No announcement yet.

Primal cooking in Japan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh! I love how polite you are "...前の晩ご飯の残りでございます..." I'm a first year Japanese student, so using my Japanese, reading out in the real world, is the best feeling ^^

@Anzu: I'm going to Japan as an exchange student in one year - I may be going to Tokyo, so watch out!

Btw, I also make my own nattou! It's SO much cheaper than what you buy in stores, and I'm getting the hang of it! I'm serving it up for some Japanese exchange students (including my sensei *gulp*) on Saturday! Hope this batch will be perfect!
    Last edited by Bissen; 03-05-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

AWESOME stuff!
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

I'm so excited about perusing your blog! I live in Japan as well (Hokkaido), and I'm always looking for new, healthy food ideas.
        Female, 5'7"

Primal SW: 74.4 kg
        CW: 73.4 (3/12/12)
        GW: 61 kg
        BF: 35%

Comment

Hokkaido eh... I'm a bit jealous because you might actually have a chance of find grass fed meat and dairy and pastured eggs -- pretty close to impossible here in southern Osaka.
          Primal food in Japan

Comment

AW! Hokkaido is awesome! I love kabocha!

About the Kansai vs. Kantou... I think I prefer kantou style sukiyaki :P

Comment

Even before I fully embraced eating in a paleo / primal way 2ish years ago sukiyaki was waaay too sweet as it's commonly prepared -- I'm more of a nabe man myself followed by a nice helping of ojiya (with added egg) the next morning to soak up all the goodies that leeched out of the veggies and meat. Yum yum!
              Primal food in Japan

Comment

Another resource you might find useful

Awesome resource, thanks for posting that I've been blogging about being primal in Tokyo for about 9 months now, so you might find my blog useful as a resource, as well.

PrimalTokyo
                I've been shifting my focus to the Japanese version recently, so the updates to English one won't be coming as fast in the future. If you're curious about the Japanese site, give it a lookie-loo. I'm really proud of this one so far...

http://www.genkigenshijin.com

Cheers,

Jarrett (TokyoJay)

Originally posted by Faumdano View Post
                After getting numerous questions and comments from friends and family about what we eat after seeing glimpses in photos we sometimes take, the girlfriend and I have decided to try our hand and keeping a blog about or culinary adventures in Japan.

I just thought that people here might also enjoy a glimpse of Japanese ingredients, and Japanese inspired primal dishes. Maybe it will give people some new ideas; I'd also love to hear some feedback or ideas for other recipes.

It's still very fresh and in flux, but take a look if you so please.

Brandon & Misako's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Faumdano View Post
                  After getting numerous questions and comments from friends and family about what we eat after seeing glimpses in photos we sometimes take, the girlfriend and I have decided to try our hand and keeping a blog about or culinary adventures in Japan.

I just thought that people here might also enjoy a glimpse of Japanese ingredients, and Japanese inspired primal dishes. Maybe it will give people some new ideas; I'd also love to hear some feedback or ideas for other recipes.

It's still very fresh and in flux, but take a look if you so please.

Brandon & Misako's Kitchen
                  Hey, great site! I hope you don't mind if I send some of my traffic from my paleo blog (in Japanese) your way. Everyone's asking for recipes and I'm busy enough with creating the foundation of the paleo diet for the time being, so your site is a Godsend :-) Keep up the good work.

Oh, and if you're curious about where the traffic's coming from, it's 元気原始人 .

Comment

You're awesome! I'm sitting in the airport now waiting for my plane to Japan, and this thread will be book marked!

Comment

Working...
                    X