Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal take on chocolate covered pretzels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal take on chocolate covered pretzels?

My wife is going along with me on this whole Primal thing, despite being on the other side of the planet. One of her favorite occasional dessert/snack foods is chocolate covered pretzels. Is there any kind of primal take on the flavor of a pretzel that we could make, and then just coat it in a good dark chocolate ourselves? Or is this just gonna have to go in the "occasional cheat" pile due to the nature of pretzels?
    About Me | Journal: "Grok: Deployed"
    "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James Mattis

I strive, even in my cheats to stay gluten free. That nasty poison has a way of setting you back!
    You could dip gluten-free pretzels in dark choc. That seems like an acceptable cheat to me!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Comment

OMG. I thought I was the only one who wept at the sight of chocolate-covered pretzels.

Someone out there must have a recipe for pretzels!
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I'd say find a really good dark chocolate with sea salt bar. Pretzels in themselves don't have that much flavor or anything to bring into the taste experience, imo, but the salt is key in making the chocolate covered pretzel taste good. Lindt's sea salt bar is pretty good for those who can't handle terribly dark chocolates.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

3.2.1. Paleo: Paleo Pretzels . . . well the closest thing to it
          if you are using these flours and then melt up some quality dark chocolate and dip/dry or fondue style and just dip/eat

i probably wouldn't be able to eat these in moderation LOL

Comment

sakura:

That Lindt sea salt bar is DIVINE! I've polished off several in my lifetime!

hottierockstar: I almost cried seeing this recipe. It's been bookmarked!!! Thank you
            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
              sakura:

That Lindt sea salt bar is DIVINE! I've polished off several in my lifetime!

hottierockstar: I almost cried seeing this recipe. It's been bookmarked!!! Thank you

Comment

That nasty poison has a way of setting you back!

Comment

What about pork rinds dipped in chocolate?

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                    I'd say find a really good dark chocolate with sea salt bar. Pretzels in themselves don't have that much flavor or anything to bring into the taste experience, imo, but the salt is key in making the chocolate covered pretzel taste good. Lindt's sea salt bar is pretty good for those who can't handle terribly dark chocolates.
                    Definitely!

Comment

Wife is all about dark chocolate, in fact she's been schooling me about "actual" chocolate for years now. Mark's article on chocolate the other day was great.

I think it's more of a textural thing than just the flavor of the salt, which we've done plenty before. I've passed along the suggestions.
                      About Me | Journal: "Grok: Deployed"
                      "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James Mattis

Comment

drizzle melted dark chocolate over salted roasted almonds.
                        carl's cave

Comment

Originally posted by carlh View Post
                          drizzle melted dark chocolate over salted roasted almonds.
                          Then I think this serves as a great compromise. Melt some chocolate, dip the almonds in, and roll in sea salt. Should have the same effect.
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned chocolate dipped bacon.

Comment

Ok... I have to admit, the chocolate dipped pork rind got my attention.

BUT, I can't have the salt!

I've heard that the microwave pork rinds are lower salt... but I'm not sure it's possible they are low enough. Gotta be LOW for me.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                              X