How to flavor fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to flavor fat?

Does anyone know how to flavor self-rendered tallow and lard and what flavors would be really yummy in it? This is for eating the fat by itself, not to cook with if it helps.

I wouldn't eat fat straight by itself, unless it was in the form of coconut butter.

Do you like garlic and onions? How about hot peppers?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I can eat it by itself and I have, but it's kind of boring. Garlic could be very yummy...

Comment

Dried herbs: rosemary and garlic would be awesome. Thyme, sage, tarragon...
        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Why do you want to eat it on its own?? When I render various fats, its usually in the form of a stew/ stock, and with loads of veggies and seasoning in the rendering process it tastes incredible. I can eat butter on its own sometimes, and I would suggest salt in the primary enhancer no matter what other flavour you add
          www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

What's so wrong with eating it on it's own? I cook with it too, but I also eat it on it's own.

Comment

My father used to spread lamb fat (dripping) thickly on sliced bread. Really no stranger than having butter

Back on topic. I often cook a curry with lots of fat and water, cooking till the water is almost completely evaporated and the fat separates. You can then pour off the fat and reuse it. It picks up the curry flavours. Very good
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

^^^I do the bread thing too. I try not to eat grains but I let myself have one sprouted slice a day covered in lots of lard.

Comment

Fat is energy. Who doesn't want more energy?
                  A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaella View Post
                    Does anyone know how to flavor self-rendered tallow and lard and what flavors would be really yummy in it? This is for eating the fat by itself, not to cook with if it helps.
                    It's usually used to give flavor to other things.

I find that adding kim chee to anything bland helps it all a lot. And I pour in some of the liquid from it. Delicious.

Comment

Working...
                    X