Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg muffin recipe - cook the day of or night before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg muffin recipe - cook the day of or night before?

I have to bring breakfast for our group at work tomorrow. I plan to make the egg muffins in Mark's free cookbook. What is the opinion on making these the night before, storing in the fridge over night and nuking in the morning. Will they still be good? Or should I make them the morning of?
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

When we made them they were awesome the next day too! Easy to reheat or very good cold. Enjoy!

Comment

I find any egg muffin recipes refrigerate well. Let them cool properly before sealing the container so you don't get too much extra moisture, and if you decide to do bacon-wrapped ones, it can help to put a bit of paper towel in the bottom of the container. I find they reheat quite nicely, and it's certainly going to be easier to do them the night before than to get up extra early to make them that day.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Thank you. Another question...line with paper muffin cups?

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          Thank you. Another question...line with paper muffin cups?
          YES! I tried making some egg muffins in a well-greased non-stick pan and they STILL stuck. The papers kept them from sticking to the pan the next time I cooked them, but the muffins still didn't come cleanly out of the papers. I have had much better success just cooking the mixture in a glass baking dish and cutting it into squares. Not as pretty, but much easier.
          Last edited by yodiewan; 02-23-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much. Maybe I will do the square pan. The muffins sounded so cute but if they can't get them out of the cups, sounds like a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              Thank you so much. Maybe I will do the square pan. The muffins sounded so cute but if they can't get them out of the cups, sounds like a pain.
              Yeah. I mean other people might not have the same problems I had with sticking. I did use a different recipe, from Sarah Fragoso (Everday Paleo) that has zucchini, roasted red peppers, spinach, and sausage. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. Though her recipe also calls for using a muffin tin. Either people are doing something different from me, I just suck at baking, or they're lying about the things not sticking, haha.

Comment

Hmmm, didn't know that about the paper cups. I use reusable silicone muffin cups to line the muffin tin, and the egg muffins pop out easily when they're done without the need to grease anything.
                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

That sounds like the way to do it, Owly. I will keep that in mind for future reference.

Comment

Working...
                  X