• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon and egg cupcakes

bacon and egg cupcakes « the gorge

Not mine but my friend in Afganistan sent me this link

Cheers guys

i'm sooo curious about the egg muffins, but i haven't tried them because i'm afraid i wont like the texture. these look good, i just might try them tho

Comment

Oh my lawd, these look soo good! I've been wanting to try egg muffins.
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

I make these pretty often. They are delicious and very portable, so I send them in my partner's lunches because he can eat them without a fork while he's on the road. I make his with cheese on top, but I leave it off some for me, and they are still super good either way. I prefer using fresh herbs instead of dried on them, though.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

any chance anyone has mastered cooking temp and time to still have a runny yolk?
          started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Not yet, I'm not sure how well one could do that with the baking method of cooking these, but now you've made me want to experiment.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Those look so good! Wish I did cheese/dairy :/
              FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                Not yet, I'm not sure how well one could do that with the baking method of cooking these, but now you've made me want to experiment.
                agreed. .. but it simply must be possible

i may expirement tomorrow morning .. thinking shave a few minutes off the cooking time? or possible 1/2 the cooking time at a higher temp?

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                  any chance anyone has mastered cooking temp and time to still have a runny yolk?
                  I made them last night for dinner for the first time baked at 400 for 10 min an had "soft boiled egg yoke"

Comment

Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
                    Those look so good! Wish I did cheese/dairy :/
                    I make about half of the batch without cheese for me, and they are still delicious. I just use more herbs on top.

Owly's Journal

Comment

So....I'm wondering I found a carmelized onion mushroom and spinach quiche recipe from emeril...could you whisk up all the eggs and wrap it in bacon? Like little personal cupcake quiches? Omg my cute food radar just pinged

Comment

Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                        So....I'm wondering I found a carmelized onion mushroom and spinach quiche recipe from emeril...could you whisk up all the eggs and wrap it in bacon? Like little personal cupcake quiches? Omg my cute food radar just pinged
                        Sounds like a culinary win to me.

Owly's Journal

Comment

Cute Quiche Cupcakes! FTW!

Comment

did some today with pork chop and sausage chunks because i had no thawed bacon

some rosemary, salt, pepper, and 1 egg in each

425 for 12 minutes in my oven = gelled but not cooked through yolks, PERFECTION

Comment

Egg muffins are AWESOME! Contrary to most people, I enjoyed them cold too.

These are UNREAL! Love the bacon as a 'wrapper', HA!

When I'm over my candida and I can eat eggs again, I'm SO making these!
                              A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Working...
                              X