What is your favorite dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite dinner?

Looking for some new ideas. What are your favorite dinners? THIS has become one of my family's favorites.

baked chicken.jpg

I plan on featuring it on my blog next week. What is one of your regular/staple dinners?
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

We get a supply of grass fed beef so we get to pick and choose what cuts we order.
    Once a week we will have either veal shanks or short ribs that we braise in red wine, beef stock and veggies (carrot, celery, onion and mushroom).
    We like to serve the meat over a bed of sweet potato mashers with a side of kale. I reduce the braising liquid and use it as gravy to top the meat and potato.
    It is a robust and vitamin rich meal. The veal shanks have marrow in the bones we scoop out too.
    You can look up braised veal shanks or short ribs for a recipe. It is pretty easy but takes a couple of hours to cook.
    So tatsy!
    Last edited by TBywaters; 02-14-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I like thick fish soup, my version of classic "ukha" nowadays. I make strong broth from salmon head, and add salmon trimmings and then a whole bunch of thinly sliced onion. The trimmings and the fish head has the best tasting fattiest parts of salmon, and cost next to nothing. YUM!

One thing i wish I could have for supper is lamb stew of some kind, but my folks do not like lamb, so I never buy it. I miss it so much!
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

What a great idea!! Do you use anything to thicken the sauce, like arrowroot , or just reduce?

Comment

Tough call between roast chicken and roast beef. I'd probably have to go with roast beef. Rare, with gravy or horseradish. Side of roasted leeks and parsnips. Mmmm.
          Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
          www.forgottendomesticarts.com

Comment

Big heaping bowl of Pork Chile Verde

Comment

Originally posted by curlygirl View Post
              Looking for some new ideas. What are your favorite dinners? THIS has become one of my family's favorites.

[ATTACH]5715[/ATTACH]

I plan on featuring it on my blog next week. What is one of your regular/staple dinners?
              And that is....?

Comment

the link to it is the big green THIS
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Yep, link with recipe id the " THIS". ...roasted leeks, I haven't tried that..sounds good!

Comment

my roasted chicken is my favorite .. followed closely by steak with broccoli
                    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

One we've developed recently and just love is a Turkey Chilli.
                      living in the ice age: Turkey & Chicken Squash Chilli
                      living in the ice age: Turkey & Chicken Pumpkin Chilli
                      Paul
                      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

My favorite isn't very creative but it's satisfying. Nice big salad with avocados tomato etc dressed with coconut milk salad dressing and 1/2 pound of grass fed ground beef grilled up to med rare. Never fails me.

Comment

I have a few staples.

1) Tangy and sweet meatballs. It's basically small meatballs in a basic homemade tomato sauce with tomato puree, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and a small amount of honey (1T per 2lbs of meat) added in.
                          2) Awesone salad: Arugola, caramalized onions, white mushrooms, carrots, sundried tomatoes, blueberries, bacon and parmesan cheese.
                          3) Pumpkin soup.
                          4) Bolognese sauce. Basically just minced beef, bacon, ham, carrots, onions, celery, white wine, beef stock and a small amount of tomato puree simmering for a long while till 90% of the liquid is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MvEssen View Post
                            I have a few staples.

1) Tangy and sweet meatballs. It's basically small meatballs in a basic homemade tomato sauce with tomato puree, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and a small amount of honey (1T per 2lbs of meat) added in.
                            2) Awesone salad: Arugola, caramalized onions, white mushrooms, carrots, sundried tomatoes, blueberries, bacon and parmesan cheese.
                            3) Pumpkin soup.
                            4) Bolognese sauce. Basically just minced beef, bacon, ham, carrots, onions, celery, white wine, beef stock and a small amount of tomato puree simmering for a long while till 90% of the liquid is gone.
                            yum!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pjgh View Post
                              wow!! That turkey and squash Chili looks AMAZING!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X