X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banana ice cream

easiest recipe ever.....

ingredients:
    3 very ripe frozen bananas (peel before freezing, trust me)

place bananas in a food processor. turn on for about 5 minutes. you want to process them until air is incorporated in.

very nice for an ice cream fix.

i agree, very delicious

Comment

I've been doing this forever... because I've been lactose intolerant for about 10 years and my husband used to insist on eating stuff like Ben & Jerrys right in fron't of me on hot summer evenings.

I sort of discovered it by accident. My favorite version is one banana (cut into slices and frozen) and a couple of spoons of yogurt (plain greek), maybe a touch of vanilla bean paste... wizzzzzz... top with some dark choc chips and walnut pieces and it's as good as "Chunky Monkey" IMO.

I DO NOT like the versions that add cocoa powder or Penut butter... blech!
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Will it keep for a few days in the freezer? Or do you to eat and prepare in one sitting?

Comment

Will it keep for a few days in the freezer? Or do you to eat and prepare in one sitting?
          Rojo, I don't know. nothing lasts very long when my kids are around. try it. If it gets too stiff, you could probably redo in the processor.

cori93437, I like the way you think. I always add walnuts, choco chips, and pour a little cream on top. sliced strawberries are a nice addition too.

Comment

I will have to try this!!! Sounds awesome for after working out.

Originally posted by FinfordHenn
            I hate buying endive though because it's hard to find around here and the cashiers never know
            This is very funny spam.

Comment

I love endive ice cream tho.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                I love endive ice cream tho.
                I love cashiers covered in ice cream
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

I have been making iceblocks with bananas.
                  2 Ripe bananas
                  1 can coconut cream
                  Mix with stick blender and pour into iceblock moulds.
                  Made a double batch and had some left over and put it in the freezer in a metal milk-shake container and it made a lovely thickshake when half frozen.

Comment

i made this ice cream cake with banana ice cream

Comment

MMMMM

you guys gotta check out this thing called the "yonanas" machine. Its basically the same as a food processor. My sister has one and its the bomb!

Just throw in frozen bananas, frozen blueberries, raspberries, CHOCOLATE, you name it. And it comes right out in the perfect consistency. I think its like $50. I d say its worth it....

Banana Ice Cream Maker & Recipes || Yonanas

Comment

I might have to snag one for summer... Getting my big, heavy food processor out, and then cleaning it all, for a single banana recipe is a bit much. LOL
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

This is an awesome recipe!! You can also throw some cinnamon or vanilla extrat in it add some flavor. I'm thinking you could also use cocoa but I have yet to try that one yet.

Comment

if any of you have a Champion juicer, you can make it by putting the blank plate on. just push frozen banana chunks thru the top, out comes softserve

Comment

Might I ask how you made this cake? Because it looks delicious!!

Comment

Working...
                              X