Easy Primal Real Caesar Salad Dressing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Primal Real Caesar Salad Dressing

I probably make this about once a week - lots of protein, no mayo The measurements are pretty forgiving and don't need to be exact. I've even made it with balsamic vinegar when I was in a pinch and it turned out pretty well.

Delicious Real Caesar Salad Dressing (Primal) Forgotten Domestic Arts
    Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
    www.forgottendomesticarts.com

Yum! Thanks for sharing. nothing like a good old classic caeser salad

Comment

Just made this tonight and it's fantastic!
      http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

Comment

Thank you, I'm definitely making this tomorrow!
        SW: 243
        CW: 177
        Goal: Health

Comment

Awesome! I browsed that website for a bit and it looks like there's a lot of other good stuff, thanks for the link!

Comment

Those are the exact same ingredients I use in mine except I emulsify the oil slowly with the egg. It actually is very similar to mayo in ingredients. You have flavor components you don't normally see like the anchovies, cheese, and garlic. If you took the rest of them, you'd have mayo. The difference is in the mixing technique.

Comment

That's all the same stuff I have in my recipe and it's an awesome one, too. The anchovies are key to the complexity of the flavour.

Comment

I made it last night and it is delicious! I made mine in a blender, slowly adding the oil so it emulsified. Thanks for the recipe.
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

recipe

I wanted to make this recipe again but I never wrote it down and the website is down. I found what may be the recipe on another site. Can anyone confirm?

1 c. EVOO
                  juice of one lemon
                  2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
                  3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
                  1 tsp. dry mustard
                  1 egg yolk
                  1 tin anchovies, mashed with back of fork
                  1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
                  couple drops of worchestershire sauce-optional

Originally posted by beastie View Post
                  I probably make this about once a week - lots of protein, no mayo The measurements are pretty forgiving and don't need to be exact. I've even made it with balsamic vinegar when I was in a pinch and it turned out pretty well.

Delicious Real Caesar Salad Dressing (Primal) Forgotten Domestic Arts

Comment

Working...
                  X