Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Chocolate Pudding (grain free, sugar free)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Chocolate Pudding (grain free, sugar free)

I came up with this recipe after some experimenting. I eat (raw) dairy, but it is otherwise Primal. Good for an occasional treat!

I haven't yet played around with almond or coconut milk, but I would love it if any of you wanted to try it and report back

Primal treats: Raw Milk Dark Chocolate Pudding (gluten-free, sugar free) « Forgotten Domestic Arts
    sugar-free/
    Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
    www.forgottendomesticarts.com

Mmmmmmmmmmm!

how carby is arrowroot powder?
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

Originally posted by ottercat View Post
      Mmmmmmmmmmm!

how carby is arrowroot powder?
      According to FitDay, 1 cup of arrowroot powder has 4.35g of carbs, so not much.

It was also mentioned (and approved by Mark) in the comments on this thread: Low Carb Thickener | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Originally posted by beastie View Post
        According to FitDay, 1 cup of arrowroot powder has 4.35g of carbs, so not much.

It was also mentioned (and approved by Mark) in the comments on this thread: Low Carb Thickener | Mark's Daily Apple
        Heads up, I think FitDay is wrong about the arrowroot powder according to the Bob's Red Mill package that I have:

The pudding sounds divine!
        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
          Heads up, I think FitDay is wrong about the arrowroot powder according to the Bob's Red Mill package that I have:

The pudding sounds divine!
          Hmm - thanks for pointing that out! Well, 28g divided between 6 servings...4.67g of carbs per serving. Still not bad.

Comment

I love to eat Chocolaty type things, Mostly Dark Chocolates and Dark
            Chocolates Biscuits..

Comment

Looks awesome, but what's the point of using raw milk, if you're just going to cook it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
                Looks awesome, but what's the point of using raw milk, if you're just going to cook it?
                You don't have to, although definitely use (organic) whole milk if you can. I use raw milk because it's what I have on hand, and because I find it has a nicer texture, even when cooked for a short period.

Comment

didn't see your post before I posted mine. not sugar free, but can be tweeked.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread47671.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
                    Because raw milk hasn't been fooled with and is healthier.
                    ~Sandy

Comment

I'm excited to make this dessert to take to a Superbowl Party tomorrow. Only problem I had was I live in a small town, no Whole Foods or Trader Joes within an hour of me, so was unable to get the Arrowroot powder. After much searching I found a substitute (unfortunately it was corn starch). Hopefully it will turn out ok.

Comment

I'd use eggs and not fiddle with the arrowroot powder.

Comment

Working...
                        X