Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not very caffeinated teas that go well with cream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not very caffeinated teas that go well with cream?

I'm thinking about drinking lots of tea with grassfed butter at night since the same version with coffee calms me down in the morning and fills me up. Anybody have any recommendations on types of tea that aren't very caffeinated that I can drink at night instead? Not sure if herbal would go well with butter, lol.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Chai, Rooibos, chocolate Rooibos (check out Teavana for their tiramisu tea, that's farking divine), white tea.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Not sure how it would be with butter, but I find that licorice teas are good with cream.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

definitely rooibos. plain with cream is awesome so with butter would be good i reckon.

i used to make chai by loosely following this recipe in my vegan days as it has no caffeinated tea in

Chai! - Recipe Idea: Chandra Chai Moon Tea
        if you ignore the milk, the butter should make it sweet enuf to ditch the honey.

Comment

Republic of Tea has some great varieties. The Dark Chocolate Mate is divine, and I also really like Cardamom Cinnamon and Coconut Hibiscus.

Comment

zhena's fire light chai is one of my favorite teas, especially at night. You can get a pound of it for about $20 on amazon.

Comment

I brew food-grade rose petals as tea. It smells and tastes pretty much just how you would expect and is also anti-inflammatory (good for cramps!). I have not tried it with cream because I'm personally not a fan of cream in tea, but I bet it would be super good (if you're into that).

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Another vote for roiboos. I have a roiboos chai that is fantastic with heavy cream or coconut milk. I should try it buttered - I bet that would be good...

Comment

Love to use chocolate cream

Comment

I love honeybush tea. It's from South Africa, similar to Rooibos, and has a natural sweetness to it. Goes very well with cream. You can get it from Teavana, I believe.
                    Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
                    www.forgottendomesticarts.com

Comment

I think honeybush is better than Rooibos also. Try it with some Lavender. Amazing and relaxing before bed.
                      Davidson's Honeybush is around 10 bucks a pound on Amazon.

Plain Chamomile with cream is very delicate and sweet naturally. Also great in the evening.

I also like Numi's Ruby Chai with cream and I often "butter" it with coconut oil. Lots of Allspice and I add more
                      crushed Black Tellicherry Pepper to make it spicier.
                      Last edited by missblue; 01-31-2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Not a huge fan of the chai last night. I did try it with crappy butter, though, so maybe that was the major difference. If Kerrygold doesn't work tonight, I'm going to go pure rooibos. Is that a lot different than just chai?

I'll look for the honeybush too. But it's not very common, so we'll see what I end up buying.

Comment

Just wanted to report that the butter really does make a difference. I'll be drinking chai from now on; thank you for all your replies!

And I will definitely look for honeybush and buy some if I get the chance.

Comment

Not sure how it would be with butter, but I find that licorice teas are good with cream.

Comment

Oh, didn't realize that rooibos does not include spices from chai. Will check that out at a tea store tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X