Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did You Pack In Your Kid's Lunch Box Today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did You Pack In Your Kid's Lunch Box Today?

I saw that post on smarties' sandwich, and since I just took a plunge to provide all the food for my kid while she is in school and dayhome, I would really appreciate a thread where we can share what actually goes into kid's lunchboxes and they actually eat!!!

My daughter is 5.5 yo and she is a carb fiend, so my biggest challenge is meat and proteins.

Lunch Box 30 Jan 2012:

dehydrated sweet potato and jikama chips (school snack)
    salad leaves, steamed brussels, cauli and broccoli with ~ 2 oz of no-spice steak and 1 boiled egg
    1/2 blueberries and raspberries with 1/2 cup of 3% fat nothing added plain yogurt
    4 cups chopped fresh veggies medley

Leftover: ?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I dice chicken breasts and stir fry them in coconut oil with a dash of sesame oil (for flavor) and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, then I divide the chicken into single-portion containers. I take a container to put on my salad, and give my son a container in his lunch (in place of a sandwich). He also gets apple slices and cheese cubes. I'm trying to wean him off of grains, at least for breakfast (bacon and eggs) and lunch.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

1 leftover chicken leg, a couple oz of chkn breasts, cheese, homemade "granola" made with nuts, almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa and a tiny bit of maple syrup and a banana.

Comment

No kidlets here, but this is a standby for when I take my lunches: leftover meat, sliced or shredded (there's always leftover meat in the fridge), lettuce leaves, tomato, cuke, a smattering of whatever other veggies are in the fridge that day, yogurt based dip/ sauce, and a handful of fruit. With that, I can decide at lunch whether I want wraps, a salad, or to eat everything piecemeal.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Sliced turkey breast or chicken, mozzarella cheese, carrots, celery sticks or cucumber, and a fruit of sorts (apple, kiwi, pear or banana). I've been keeping it simple for my 2 school age kids, but they are getting bored, so I'll be watching this thread for ideas!
          You don't have to be sick to get better.
          Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
          Primal start: 1/2/2012
          My Primal Journal
          Living, loving and learning.

Comment

i am gonna try scotch eggs but dont know how well it will go down. they just leave everything other than yoghurt, rice crackers and some fruit usually and come home starving and obnoxious coz they are so hungry.

Comment

My kid took one bite of Scotch eggs, and declared them YUCKY. So, my husband had the 1.5 that were left over for his lunch today. I thought they were great.

Comment

Okay, today's result:

Lunch Box 30 Jan 2012, Leftover: dehydrated sweet potato and jikama chips (school snack) & 1/2 boiled egg. Said wasn't hungry in school.

Lunch Box 31 Jan 2012:
                dehydrated sweet potato and jikama chips (school snack)
                2 primal elk + beef meatballs with steamed veggies medley
                cheddar cheese cubes and a few blood orange segments (1 cup all together)
                4 cups of chopped fresh veggies

YUK Declaration at dinner: brown butter zuc-inguini with walnuts
                Last edited by Leida; 01-31-2012, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Leftover spaghetti (with spaghetti squash for noodles), raw milk, a Clementine orange, small Apple.

Comment

this is our second week at school, so i'll list what they've had so far. mine eat dairy (and some grains but i'm trying to reduce that as much as possible).

coleslaw made with my mayo. side salads. quiche made with nitrate free ham as the base. chocolate custard. chicken drumsticks. spring onion dip.cheese crackers (fail). apple muffins, ham scones (i think you call these biscuits). both had wheat but not much cos i put loads of apple cooked in butter and cinnamon, and ham in.

Comment

No kids here, either, but I pack lunches for me and the hubby most days: chicken drumsticks, egg muffins, deviled eggs, tuna salads, plus veggie sticks with dip and a piece of fruit, sometimes cheese. I also feel that I'm in a rut, so I'm thinking lettuce wraps and nori wraps next week, maybe Greek salads with meat added.

Comment

Bron, could you share a recipe for the chocolate custard, please?

Comment

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Roast, primal chocolate pudding, cheese, yogurt, an apple, lemon-poppyseed coconut flour mini muffin.

I have managed to make it through this entire school year without using a packaged food. I'm pretty happy with that

Comment

Things my daughter likes to eat for a packed meal: cold chicken kebabs (I make them marinaded in olive oil, garlic, lemongrass and lime juice, then grilled/broiled, and cooled), carrot sticks, sliced red peppers, tuna mayonnaise with homemade mayo and spring onions/scallions chopped into it with raw vegetables as a dip, scotch eggs made with quails eggs, steamed asparagus spears wrapped in smoked salmon slices (a very big treat, as it isn't low budget!), smoked mackerel pate with raw vegetables, prunes wrapped in bacon and oven-baked, sticky chicken drumsticks baked with lemon juice, ginger, honey and garlic, leftover cold meats, salads, and then items such as banana, coconut walnut muffins, Mark's chocolate brownies, plain home-made yoghurt with chopped fruit, etc ...

Comment

My baby just started at daycare this week and my oldest is in school. I pack all their food into little segregated containers and find that it all gets eaten that way. They've eaten pretty much the same thing all week.

15 month DD - Over Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea
                              Banana, grapes, cheese, cucumber, carrots, sausage

6 year old DD - Over Fruit Break, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea
                              Milk, grapes, cheese, carrots, sausage, paleo cookes
                              Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
                              CW - 60kg / 132lb
                              GW - 60kg / 132lb

Comment

Working...
                              X