Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best smoothie I've ever tasted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The best smoothie I've ever tasted

    2 peeled and cored apples. 3 bananas. A bit of greek yoghurt. A few ice cubes.

    Put into a high-speed blender, add cold water until it half-covers the other ingredients. Then MIX IT.

    THE GREATEST SMOOTHIE I'VE EVER TASTED.

    Pretty nice breakfast or a "snack" if you're hungry.

  • #2
    Do not feed the troll
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

    Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by peril View Post
      Do not feed the troll
      What do you mean?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by peril View Post
        Do not feed the troll
        lmao
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

        Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

        Comment


        • #5
          would you eat 2 apples, 3 bananas and greek yogurt as a snack? i wouldn't. i wouldn't drink it either.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jakey View Post
            would you eat 2 apples, 3 bananas and greek yogurt as a snack? i wouldn't. i wouldn't drink it either.
            Hmm, good point. Maybe I have some rethinking to do. At least I'm off the grains now for two weeks. I'll think about the fruits. But that smoothie sure tastes good...

            Comment


            • #7
              sweet jesus thats a lotta carbs and starch in a "smoothie" type quick meal ... id rather see some veggies etc ..
              started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

              my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html



              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                sweet jesus thats a lotta carbs and starch in a "smoothie" type quick meal ... id rather see some veggies etc ..
                Yep. That's easily a good 500-600 calories which is a typical meal for me. I'd rather have food. If I ate that much meat and veg, I wouldn't be hungry again for at least 6 hours. That fruit smoothie wouldn't last that long. I'd have a blood sugar crash in a couple hours and be looking for more food.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Coconut milk, ONE pear and a dash of cinnamon is pretty darn good, too. But, yeah. Smoothies can be delicious but dangerous! ;-)
                  Female / 5' 8" / 42 / SW: 166 CW: 159
                  Journal: Inspired by success story. Working on my own.

                  My mermish life: ENTER to WIN Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (until Mar 15)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pf3 View Post
                    2 peeled and cored apples. 3 bananas. A bit of greek yoghurt. A few ice cubes.

                    Put into a high-speed blender, add cold water until it half-covers the other ingredients. Then MIX IT.

                    THE GREATEST SMOOTHIE I'VE EVER TASTED.

                    Pretty nice breakfast or a "snack" if you're hungry.
                    Now, that plus some a few avocados and/or a can or 3 of coconut milk would make 5 - 7 great smoothies.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                    Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Don't drink you food! Unless it's Guinness ... gotta get your iron (and anti-oxidants)
                      Paul
                      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

                      "... needs more fish!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pjgh View Post
                        Don't drink you food! Unless it's Guinness ... gotta get your iron (and anti-oxidants)
                        so are fruit smoothies typically a no no?

                        I usually do a smoothie of Coconut Milk, 1 Banana, cup of raspberries, cup of blueberries, cup of strawberries, maybe some kiwi, and some gluten free protein powder if I feel up to it. Usually good for 2 good size glasses.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dloszews View Post
                          so are fruit smoothies typically a no no?

                          I usually do a smoothie of Coconut Milk, 1 Banana, cup of raspberries, cup of blueberries, cup of strawberries, maybe some kiwi, and some gluten free protein powder if I feel up to it. Usually good for 2 good size glasses.
                          I think smoothies can be okay, provided that aren't so high in sugar/fruit... but for most people (myself included) liquid calories are not filling. I make a great smoothie with a low sugar whey protein, coconut milk, almond butter, cinnamon and cocoa powder. It has anywhere between 400-600 calories, a good deal of fat and protein, and when I "eat" it I am still hungry in about 2 hours. It's worse if I add a lot of fruit - no more than an hour. If I eat that many fat and calories in a knife and fork type meal, I can make it 5-6 hours before feeling peckish and 6-7 before actually feeling hungry. When I start school again in a couple weeks my typical breakfast will be bacon or sausage (5-6 pieces) eggs, (4 at least) and some coffee with about 1/4C of heavy cream. I expect this to last me to at least 2 if not later when I eat it at 8AM. Then I can have a lunch of a green salad and some left over beast of some kind - a much smaller portion than I would eat in semesters past - and be fine until I get dinner on around 6!
                          Originally posted by L8F
                          ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

                          I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!


                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X