No announcement yet.

coconut pancakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks, Tara I have just made the original recipe here with blueberries, awesome i hope ground almonds is the same as almond flour/meal? anyway it worked though i added some water

Comment

Oh Jedi-- to get coconut flour-- go to Whole Foods. That's where I get my coconut flour. Look for Bob's Red Mill brand. Usually in the first aisle.

Where will you be in Boston? Right in the city?

Whole Foods:

Symphony

15 Westland Ave

Boston, MA 02115

There are quite a few in the surrounding cities of Boston-- and many in Cambridge. You should have no problem finding a Whole Foods. I *love* that store.

You can get coconut oil there too! Enjoy your trip!

Comment

thanks I am staying at BU as I am visiting univesities in the area (i am a guidance counsellor)

Comment

just made these again this morning. added a little milk to loosen up the batter and folded a couple of whipped egg whites into the final batter before putting on the pan. this worked out great and made them a little more fluffy than usual. highly recommend trying this.

Comment

How interesting - this recipe (sammylou's original at the top) is almost identical to what I make, but I also have an entire can of coconut milk in mine.

Originally a waffle recipe, I make pancakes with it, too. I'm so used to it, I have a hard time imagining it without all that coconut milk! I usually eat them plain, and they're awesome.

Oh, and I hear you on the sausage thing, sammylou; I wrapped a pancake around some turkey sausage this morning, and it was phenomenal.

Comment

Agreed with whipping the egg whites and the 'pig-in-a-blanket' idea.

I even whipped up some raw jersey cream and ate them with that on top instead of any syrup or jam.

I don't even measure anymore. It's just a basket of my primal 'items' stashed in my pantry and I just dump and pinch and voila!

Comment

Working...
              X