Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can we eat for breakfasts and lunch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
    It's not quite like hot-dogs, where the meat (and who knows what else) doesn't even resemble meat.

This sausage has ground pork or ground beef stuffed into a casing, it's not cooked or smoked at all, you buy it completely raw. They usually add spices to it, but nothing else, I think.

Ahhh ok, now I am with you. I found some decent sausage recently, 90% beef ... unfortunately the other 10% had gluten
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

This is future spicey sausage patties

Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

Hey! No dogs or goats on my pork sausage! (actually the picture is too small, what are those things to the far left?

Those pigs are too cute! I want to hug them <3
        The pigs we had growing up were always just plain pink. Boriiiiing (but tasty).
        My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
        Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

There are goats on that ranch and certainly dogs are there too. I trust their ethics enough not to grind them up into sausages though. I was actually looking for a good product photo but I will have to take one myself. I am fortunate to live in an area with plenty of ranches and a local processor.
          Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes

just made these tonight for tom'w morning... yummy and a nice change from the eggs I've been eating for brekky for the last year

Comment

On the sausages thing for a moment again ... just went to a certified organic butcher and came back withe beef/lamb sausages, and buffalo sausages. All certified gluten and preservative free.

Acceptable primal fare?
              Buzz71
              Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
              Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
              Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
              My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz71 View Post
                Thanks - thats what I thought. Isnt that just all processed meat with all the bad stuff?
                Making your own sausage is so damn easy and so much better than buying the packaged stuff. I make mine with Bison! Though I've dabbled in chicken and pork too.....

Comment

On the sausages thing for a moment again ... just went to a certified organic butcher and came back withe beef/lamb sausages, and buffalo sausages. All certified gluten and preservative free.

Acceptable primal fare?
                  Absolutely, Buzz. Pork's fine, too, generally speaking. Sounds delicious, by the way...
                  Best--
                  Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

My favorite breakfast items:

- Eggs & Bacon (of course)
                    - Cream cheese
                    - Coconut pancakes
                    - Grain-free biscuits with butter and organic jam
                    - Smoothies
                    - Primal energy bar

I'll second others on eating unconventional things for breakfast. This morning I had two left over chicken strips (using non-grain flours of course!) So delicious and filling!
                    Lindsay Groks On

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
                    -- Mark Twain

Comment

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are just fancy names for meal. There is no reason why the food you eat at one daily meal can't be eaten at the other daily meals.

I eat offal for optimal health. The rest of my family doesn't. I deal with this by making offal curries and having them for breakfast while everyone else is still sleeping. Having lamb brain masala at the moment. Have been making a really nice steak, kidney and liver curry recently, with chuck on the bone as the steak to get all of the wonderful connective tissue and gelatin. All cooked in ghee or red palm oil
                      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                        .... All cooked in ghee or red palm oil
                        Where does one obtain this red palm oil of which you speak?
                        Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Comment

Can you share your recipe on how to make chicken and pork sausage?

Comment

thanks everyone for your replies! hopefully in time i will go from a young primal grasshopper to a primal sensei like everyone here helping out

have a great day

fatboy

Comment

Thanks - thats what I thought. Isnt that just all processed meat with all the bad stuff?
                              Not the sausages we buy Ours are just actual meat, and some varieties have herbs and spices, no fillers, and no preservatives. All from grass fed, free range, organic and hormone free animals
                              I love our butcher!

Comment

Oh and yes a meal is a meal, we eat steak or sausages or eggs for breakfast, anything we would eat at any other time
                                I agree on watching Fat Head too The more you read/watch about primal, the more convinced you will be that saturated fat is not the enemy

Comment

Working...
                                X