Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need a good recipe for testicles and/or kidney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need a good recipe for testicles and/or kidney

    I just got a bunch of goats processed and have some new offal to try.

    Whenever I've eaten testicles in the past, they have been breaded and deep-fried in the crappiest of oil. Anybody have a good paleo/primal recipe?

    ...And kidneys - I want to have a great first experience eating them so if you have an awesome recipe to share, I'm all ears.

  • #2
    I do!

    The Wilderness Childe: Oh Nuts!

    The Wilderness Childe: Kidney Basics: A Masala

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome! Thanks Diana! I'll let you know how it goes.

      Comment


      • #4
        "Chicken nuggests ... that's what goat balls taste like" ... love it
        Paul
        http://www.pjgh.co.uk
        http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

        "... needs more fish!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Chicken nuggets suck! Why would I want to eat something that tasted like them? lol
          I've never seen the inside of a testicle before - I was imagining a liquid filled sack *Puke!*
          Those pics look much better than I imagined - a lot meatier than expected.

          It'll still be a very long while - if ever - that I go for that part willingly. haha!

          Comment


          • #6
            They only look that way because they're frozen. When thawed, it's a lot of white goop.

            Go figure.

            Comment


            • #7
              holy balls!!
              My Leangains Journey

              Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

              Comment


              • #8
                We tried the goat balls last night. They were good! Just salt, pepper, and lard. They did kind of taste like chicken My husband would like them better if they had a crispy outer shell so, next time, I may dip them in almond or coconut flour before frying.

                Trimming the sack off was a little trick but I figured it out. My cats LOVED the outer sacks. That was their dinner last night.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did you tell the cats that they'd just eaten goat sack? I would ... nothing like getting one up on a cat
                  Paul
                  http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                  http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

                  "... needs more fish!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jaye View Post
                    We tried the goat balls last night. They were good! Just salt, pepper, and lard. They did kind of taste like chicken My husband would like them better if they had a crispy outer shell so, next time, I may dip them in almond or coconut flour before frying.

                    Trimming the sack off was a little trick but I figured it out. My cats LOVED the outer sacks. That was their dinner last night.
                    I have some stale pork rinds, I was thinking of mashing up and using as a breading.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Pork rinds for breading! Diana! That is utter genius!
                      Not being a fan of nut flours, that puts all manner of food back on the table. Croquettes are back ... that gives me a BIG smile
                      Paul
                      http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                      http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

                      "... needs more fish!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                        I have some stale pork rinds, I was thinking of mashing up and using as a breading.
                        Ooooh. That sounds yummy! I'll have to try it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pjgh View Post
                          Did you tell the cats that they'd just eaten goat sack? I would ... nothing like getting one up on a cat
                          Definitely!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Diana - We are finally getting around to eating the Kidney marsala. It is simmering on the stove as I type. The flavor is awesome. Thanks again!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jaye View Post
                              ...And kidneys - I want to have a great first experience eating them so if you have an awesome recipe to share, I'm all ears.
                              I've found broiling beef kidneys work really well. 3-5 minutes on each side.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X