Primal Pumpkin Loaf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Pumpkin Loaf

Sorry if I posted this earlier, had some computer issues.

Primal Pumpkin Loaf:

3/4 can pumpkin

1 cup almond meal

6 eggs

2 Tbsp honey (have used 4 Tbsp for more sweetness)

1 Tbsp ground cinnamon

Blend ingredients and pour into 9x5" baking pan. 350F for 50 minutes.

This is seriously good stuff. Butter when warm right out of the oven, you might eat the entire loaf.

omg i have got to find some almond flour somewhere... this sounds so good.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Thanks! This looks really good I have a few cans of leftover pumpkin from Autumn & was actually thinking of looking up a PB recipe to use it up, you've saved me some work!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
      ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

Looks great, Get Primal. You might like this, too: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-pies-fill-er-up/

Comment

it's pretty easy to make almond meal -

just use a food processor and a mesh colander. Fill the food processor 1/2 way with almonds, and grind until it's pretty small chunks - not too long, otherwise you'll end up with almond butter. Then sift using the mesh colander. Return large chunks to food processor and repeat until gone.

of course, that's not the blanched type, but you could blanch them first.

Comment

Nutrition Data (Per serving, assuming 6 individual servings per loaf):

Calories: 211

Total Fat: 13g

Saturated: 2g

Carbs: 15g

Dietary Fiber: 4g

Sugars: 9g

Protein: 10g

Comment

This sounds delicious--will be making it this week and post my impressions. I read some great info about almond meal here:

http://www.elanaspantry.com/almond-flour/

Comment

I've tried this recipe and it is WAY TOO 'WET' ??

Could my 'can of pumpkin' be too big? What is the volume of the can you are using?

Comment

The can I use is 15oz. It is a very moist recipe, that's one of the primary reasons it works so well for me in ultra races. However, it should not be wet to the point of not being solid. My only guess would be it needs to be cooked longer...maybe our ovens are different temps. Good luck!

Comment

Aha !

Note to self, using 3/4 of a 28oz can WILL ADD TOO MUCH PUMPKIN to the recipe !...hahaha

The store here only had one size, so figured it was it. Next try will be with about 11oz of MEASURED pumpkin.

Should be better.

Comment

I made this the other night and it came out great! I just tweaked the recipe a tiny bit:

I added a 1/2 tsp. of baking soda because I felt it needed some kind of leavening, I added 1 Tbs. of honey, and I substituted pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon. Otherwise I followed Get Primal's recipe.

I checked it after 50 minutes (stuck a knife in to check for wetness) and it wasn't quite done, so I gave it another 7 minutes or so. Perfection! The consistency was a cross between pumpkin bread and pie, but the slices didn't crumble or break at all. My family ate almost the entire thing fresh out of the oven. We slathered our slices with butter while they were still warm and served it with bacon! Mmmmmm....

The next morning, I had a leftover slice cold out of the fridge, topped with fresh berries, and homemade cinnamon coconut cream.

Plus my whole house smelled like Thanksgiving. Great recipe. Thanks, Get Primal.

Comment

Thank you for the recipe! I just made it and you're right, it's delicious fresh out of the oven with butter.

I thought an image would be helpful so here it is. I didn't make it in a loaf pan so the shape is a little different.

Comment

Oh dear God! I want pumpkin now... I get some tomorrow though ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrina View Post
                            I added a 1/2 tsp. of baking soda because I felt it needed some kind of leavening,
                            a little formerly-serious-baker chemistry tip: given the lack of a strong acid component in this recipe, baking POWDER would probably be much more effective. baking powder contains both an acid and a base which interact when wet to create a leavening effect. Baking soda is just a base which needs an acid like vinegar, lemon juice, yogurt or buttermilk to create the reaction.

Comment

Maple Sugar Flakes?

Hi there! So I don't have any maple sugar flakes- is there something else I can use? Syrup, honey, etc?
                              Thanks!
                              Lindsay

Comment

Working...
                              X