Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not precisely a recipe, but GOOD salad...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not precisely a recipe, but GOOD salad...

Who says salads have to be green, leafy stuff? We had leftover cooked broccoli, and I added a little onion, dressed it with EV olive oil, an organic pepper-and-sea salt mix, and a sprinkle of hard cheese.

GOOD.
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Good one! Actually, I am a salad lover and i try different different salads, one of them is apple with chilly power and olive oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Flower View Post
      Good one! Actually, I am a salad lover and i try different different salads, one of them is apple with chilly power and olive oil.
      Yum! I like apples in salads, too, and sometimes make it Moroccan, with cumin and cinnamon and a bit of turmeric.
      Best--
      Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

Yeah, salads can be whatever you like - I think the loose definition is that it should be cold and colourful, refreshing in warm weather. I often put pre-cooked and chilled broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, that kind of thing.

Good call!
        Paul
        http://www.pjgh.co.uk
        http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

It's a terrific use for leftovers...AND a great way to get more vegetables. Of course sometimes I put stuff like this on a leafy green salad, too...
          Best--
          Kate

Comment

I started to make a salad the other day with leftover Mexican steak, and BOOM, no lettuce.

So.....
            Cubed up steak, cherry tomatoes, onion, avocado, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar, and a little EVOO. YUM

Comment

Hmmmm...I have everything but the steak!
              Best--
              Kate

Comment

The broccoli and bacon salad in the PB Cookbook is delicious.
                Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
                Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
                Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
                Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for it! I love bacon in ANYthing!
                  Best--
                  Kate

Comment

Working...
                  X