Eggs for dinner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs for dinner

I'm on a very small budget and eggs (even the free-range organic type) are really cheap compared to meat, so I would like to start substituting eggs into my dinners in place of meat. I'm not that creative with eggs. Does anybody have any recipes or suggestions to help me get a little more variety?

Quiche!

Deviled eggs!

Egg salad!

Could also just fry or scramble, nothin' wrong with eating breakfast at night!

Comment

Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites! Son of Grok has a thing he does with hard-boiled eggs. Boils them up (do soft boiled) and then wrap pork sausage around them, roll then in a little almond flour and bake until the pork is done. He calls them scottish meatballs I think. Pretty tasty.

Comment

That fool eats so many eggs, it's ridiculous. Every time I'm at his house he's eating egg salad. He eats 5 eggs at a time in whatever egg thing he's eating.

Comment

I love Roger's enthusiasm and all the exclamation points. haha.

Huge fan of those 3 though (quiche, egg salad, deviled eggs).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

You could make egg salad in the spirit of lettuce salad. Scrambled eggs with a little avocado, tomato, green onion, a few nuts, bell pepper, spinach....

Comment

You can also stir-fry some veggies and, when done, pour some eggs on top until you have some sort of omelette.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
              "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Once I put ceviche in my egg salad and it was amazing!

Comment

omg how about poached egg over ham w/hollandaise... like a breadless eggs benedict

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Egg and ceviche sounds like heresy to me. Will try it though, might be surprised.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Musajen you are referring to the classic picnic food the scotch egg..,mmm tasty!

My egg dinner ideas are:

frittata with sweetpotato and fetta

omelet with mushrooms and greens

poached eggs with asparagus

crustless quiche (just the egg mix without the crust and actually tastes better as there is no soggy crust)

And of course you can add hard/soft boiled eggs to any salad.

Comment

Crustless quiche is TASTY!! There are countless omelet combinations. Crack an egg or 2 in the blender with fruit and ice.

Been fine-tuning my deviled eggs recently. I make my own mayo for them, actually more of a garlic aioli, and use chopped jalapeños in them. Next version will be an avocado mayo/jalapeño egg! Wonder if chopped bacon would be good in those too?

Here's a great method for "perfect boiled eggs"

http://elise.com/recipes/archives/00...oiled_eggs.php

Comment

i like doing "tex-mex" eggs. i scramble them, add some cheese, then eat with a load of salsa and guacamole. can also top with black olives and put the entire thing on a bed of lettuce for a giant salad.

Comment

Do you guys add anything to your egg salad to make it creamy like traditional egg salad? Thanks!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

make egg-drop soup? I was sick last week and made chicken soup and mixed up a few eggs and poured them in.

Oddly enough, the biggest trick with that was that it *seemed* like there should be noodles in the soup, which made the soup better somehow.

But, given that it's summer, soup probably isn't high on the list of things to eat.

Comment

Working...
                              X