Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee Smoothies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coffee Smoothies

    I have a number of different coffee smoothies to reveal to you all...

    I don't drink coffee on a regular basis but it seems as if MOST primal folks do. So, since I am the "primal smoothie king" I thought... why not create some with coffee? It turns out that I LOVE them and they have been the biggest hit on my primal smoothies blog.

    I'll start with one...

    Buttery Coffee Smoothie
    1 cup Coffee, Cold
    1/4 cup Avocado
    2 large Egg Yolks
    1 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar
    1/4 cup Ice
    2 TBSP Coconut Oil, Melted

    The blog post with the recipe: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Buttery Coffee
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

  • #2
    You're the what now?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
      I have a number of different coffee smoothies to reveal to you all...

      I don't drink coffee on a regular basis but it seems as if MOST primal folks do. So, since I am the "primal smoothie king" I thought... why not create some with coffee? It turns out that I LOVE them and they have been the biggest hit on my primal smoothies blog.

      I'll start with one...

      Buttery Coffee Smoothie
      1 cup Coffee, Cold
      1/4 cup Avocado
      2 large Egg Yolks
      1 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar
      1/4 cup Ice
      2 TBSP Coconut Oil, Melted

      The blog post with the recipe: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Buttery Coffee
      Oh man . . . coffee smoothies could be my downfall. I can't do avocado though, so one without, or if it can be replaced with something else, would be great.
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
        You're the what now?
        LOL You have the best one-liners.
        Ramblings of an Unamused Mouse (Lots of Food Porn, Too!)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
          You're the what now?
          I'm the primal smoothie queen.
          Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
            Oh man . . . coffee smoothies could be my downfall. I can't do avocado though, so one without, or if it can be replaced with something else, would be great.
            How about this one...

            Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
            1 cup Coffee, Cold
            3/4 cup Pumpkin, Canned
            1/2 small Banana, Frozen
            1/4 cup Pecans
            1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
            1/4 cup Ice

            Posted here: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

            Comment


            • #7
              do you reckon you could ditch the palm sugar to get the carb content down? i may give it a go tomorrow.

              Comment


              • #8
                Look, man, I'm pretty much a libertarian at heart and so I don't like it at all when people appoint themselves as royalty.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                  How about this one...

                  Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
                  1 cup Coffee, Cold
                  3/4 cup Pumpkin, Canned
                  1/2 small Banana, Frozen
                  1/4 cup Pecans
                  1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
                  1/4 cup Ice

                  Posted here: Primal/Paleo Smoothie Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Coffee
                  Oh my gawd, YUM! I, unfortunately, can't do bananas either, but this one looks pretty easy to adjust to make up for that.
                  Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    do you reckon you could ditch the palm sugar to get the carb content down? i may give it a go tomorrow.
                    Yes but I like my coconut palm sugar sometimes. Sub stevia or just do without... should be ok.
                    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                      Look, man, I'm pretty much a libertarian at heart and so I don't like it at all when people appoint themselves as royalty.
                      I wasn't being serious!
                      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I make banana raspberry coffee smoothies sometimes - coffee + banana + raspberries, blended together. Yum.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                            HAHAHAHAHAHA.

                            You just made my day. That makes you AWESOME. Keep grokking.
                            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You won't notice the avocado.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X