Critique what the new guy ate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique what the new guy ate

Today is my first official day. I was a monster when it came to eating processed foods and I ate TONS of breads. So, I went shopping last night and this is what my diet has been so far today. Please give me feedback and ideas.

2 eggs
    2 strips of bacon (real bacon)
    handful of spinach
    2 slices of turkey (I later realized this is a problem)
    1 cup of Flax Milk

Smoothie I made consisting of:
    1 banana
    1 handful of blueberries
    I used the flax milk as a base. Altogether the entire smoothie was about 15 oz. That includes the ingredients listed above as well as crushed ice.

So, give me some feedback how is the rook doing? Besides the slip up of deli turkey.

Can't say anything until I see what you have for supper. Oh, except replace flax milk with coconut milk.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

You better have a huge chunk of meat for dinner
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

wtf is flax milk?

Comment

Originally posted by tcb View Post
          wtf is flax milk?
          seriously, ditch that crap. and is that a whole day's worth of food? i couldn't maintain my left leg on that...

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
            seriously, ditch that crap. and is that a whole day's worth of food? i couldn't maintain my left leg on that...

No, not an entire days worth of food. That was breakfast, lunch/snack. I work nights this week so I didn't get up until noon. Those are two meals that I've had so far. Dinner is tuna steaks and don't know what else.

Why is it crap? I need details.

Comment

Originally posted by donnieR32 View Post
              Why is it crap? I need details.
              i think that flax is best used for furniture polish, like when we call it linseed oil! it is not a good source of omega 3's, it's not the good long chain type we need, and we can barely convert ALA (which it does have) into those long chain forms. if you get it as an oil, it's highly processed, often with hexane, and often oxidized already. linseed (aka flax) oil, is furniture polish! really.

it's also an estrogen mimetic. there's just no point in flax meal or flax oil, you can't digest the seed form, and i shudder to think what on earth they've done to the stuff to produce a 'milk.'

Comment

You need more food. More meat. LOTS More veggies. Some cooked ones with dinner, please. I strive for 70% of my plate to be filled with veggies at any given meal (except breakfast, where I do 25% veggies & some fruit). The rest is meat. Add a starch if you need to (sweet potato?) or want to.

And make sure you are getting FAT in your diet. Bacon was a good source for today. Not seeing your fat source for lunch??

And ditch the flax seeds in general. Especially in a "milk." Try coconut milk.
                Last edited by EvansMom; 12-06-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Okay. Had a handful of baby carrots while making dinner which was Ahi tuna steaks, zucchini, squash....

Now snacking on almonds.

Comment

buahahahahahah ::guffaw::

Comment

i think that flax is best used for furniture polish, like when we call it linseed oil! it is not a good source of omega 3's, it's not the good long chain type we need, and we can barely convert ALA (which it does have) into those long chain forms. if you get it as an oil, it's highly processed, often with hexane, and often oxidized already. linseed (aka flax) oil, is furniture polish! really.

it's also an estrogen mimetic. there's just no point in flax meal or flax oil, you can't digest the seed form, and i shudder to think what on earth they've done to the stuff to produce a 'milk.'
                      And besides, they have these long barns with rows of flax plants just wallowing in flax feces being inhumanely milked by nameless, faceless, flax milk pumping machines.it is brutal. One season and the flax plants are done...sucked dry.

Comment

Here is today's breakdown so far:
                        Calories: 1430
                        Protein: 120 grams
                        Fat: 70 grams
                        Carbs: 89 grams

Comment

If you are trying to make smoothies use a mix of coconut milk and water as the base.

Comment

Compared to your description of your previous diet I'd say today is a great success

As you move forward, try to keep in mind that the goal here is to eat whole, natural, unprocessed foods. With that in mind, flax milk is a little processed, bacon is good but I wouldn't make it a staple, turkey meat is processed, smoothies are fine, but again shouldn't necessarily be the main focus of your diet.. Have hamburger patties fried up with one piece of bacon and cover your eggs in that - delicious. Saute a few spinach greens in the fat and you have a great breakfast. Think fats, unprocessed meats, veggies, and fruits - that's the core of your diet. Then add in as needed for flavor, fun, and flexibility.

Also - a lot depends on what your goals are of eating this way.....
                            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

R32 MKV or MKIV? Good luck on your primal journey!

Comment

Working...
                              X