One-Pot Meals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-Pot Meals

Hi all! Since I can't eat raw veggies, I find that unless my meat and veggies are all cooked together in a dish, I don't get my veggies because I don't feel like cooking something extra. I think it would be great to compile a list of our favorite one-pot meals! Here's one of mine:

Health-Bent | Pumpkin Chili with Orange, Coriander Avocado Cream

And another one that was good:

Cuban Pork and Plantain Stew The Perpetual Feast **for this I actually used some leftover pork shoulder that I had slow cooked with some apple cider vinegar. It was good though! I realize that some people like to avoid plantains due to carbs, but I personally have no problem with them.

Can't wait to try some other recipes!

One way that I love to 'serve' vegetables is putting grated zucchini and carrots in my meatballs.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

The absolute easiest and very tasty is leeks and stew beef. Clean and chop the leeks into 1-2 inch pieces, throw into a dutch oven or crock pot with chunks of stew meat and a bit of water. You can add other stuff, like cabbage, carrots, celery, bay leaves or whatever, but you don't have to. I've also thrown in ox-tail or bones for extra nutrients. You can season the meat with salt and pepper and brown first, add garlic , but seriously you don't need to. Let it cook down until the meat is tender then eat.
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

the pork and plantain stew looks really good...I wonder if they are using ripe (black) plantains? I imagine so...
        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by kennelmom View Post
          the pork and plantain stew looks really good...I wonder if they are using ripe (black) plantains? I imagine so...
          Actually, for savory dishes they're usually used green. The black ones are too sweet. I love the ripe ones fried in butter but haven't had them in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
            Actually, for savory dishes they're usually used green. The black ones are too sweet. I love the ripe ones fried in butter but haven't had them in a long time.
            Thanks! I'll try the green ones then I thought the black ones might be too soft, didn't occur to me as being too sweet.
            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

You can also use green bananas in much the same way. I've been meaning to get to a Hispanic market and pick up some yuca, which is also quite good. I grew up in Florida so when I get to craving foods from home it's often Cuban/Caribbean foods.

Comment

Working...
              X