Cheese Cake Made With Sweet Potato

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Cake Made With Sweet Potato

I once had a cheesecake made with sweet potato. It was white, had the consistency of real cheese cake but had no dairy. I don't seem to be able to find a recipe to duplicate it. The vegan ones have tofu. Any one have any ideas?

Hmmm... I think what would probably work best would be to culture some coconut cream using kefir grains, drain it so it's the consistency of cream cheese, and make a standard sweet potato cheesecake (lotsa recipes out there) using the coconut kefir instead of the cream cheese. You need something high in protein for it to cook up properly - that's what the tofu or cream cheese is for.

Comment

Some sweet potatoes are white anyway, I had some last week. They were pretty sweet too, I would think in a cheesecake no additional sugar would be needed.
      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I made this recipe for cocoa cheesecake balls from the Wheat Belly blog: Mini Cocoa Cheesecake Pops | Wheat Belly

It uses canned pumpkin, which is pretty similar to sweet potato. They were good, and really did have a cheesecake kind of texture.

Comment

Working...
        X