Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50/50 Burger...Drool, Drool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 50/50 Burger...Drool, Drool

    Just came home from dinner out where I had the ultimate -- they called it the 50/50 burger...half ground beef and half ground BACON. Dear Sweet Jesus this was AWESOME.

    I ditched the bun and the white cheddar and ate it with the lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle knife-and-fork style.

    Thought I'd share this with everyone as it was absolute heaven. The possibilities are endless!

  • #2
    Originally posted by kkratz57 View Post
    Just came home from dinner out where I had the ultimate -- they called it the 50/50 burger...half ground beef and half ground BACON. Dear Sweet Jesus this was AWESOME.

    I ditched the bun and the white cheddar and ate it with the lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle knife-and-fork style.

    Thought I'd share this with everyone as it was absolute heaven. The possibilities are endless!
    I think I just food-gasm'd in my mouth a little.
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Was the bacon cooked first or raw? I must try making this at home.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think they mixed together raw ground beef and raw ground bacon because it was very well blended. I also imagine it'd be easier to grind the bacon from slab, slightly frozen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tneah View Post
          Was the bacon cooked first or raw? I must try making this at home.
          You should. I made it by taking some bacon ends and pieces (why use the good stuff?), chucking it in my food processor, and blitzing it until it was more or less ground. Make sure the bacon is as cold as possible, even a little frozen (i.e., 10-15 minutes in the freezer) to make the processing easier.

          Then I mixed (by hand) equal parts ground beef and bacon. Then I made patties. Then I cooked them. Then the heavens parted, and angels sang my praises.

          They do cook a little longer, and they throw off a LOT more grease (it's a lot like cooking bacon), but they are seriously awesome.
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kkratz57 View Post
            I think they mixed together raw ground beef and raw ground bacon because it was very well blended. I also imagine it'd be easier to grind the bacon from slab, slightly frozen.
            Just noticed you're from suburban Philly. Me, too! Name the restaurant .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by onalark View Post
              You should. I made it by taking some bacon ends and pieces (why use the good stuff?), chucking it in my food processor, and blitzing it until it was more or less ground. Make sure the bacon is as cold as possible, even a little frozen (i.e., 10-15 minutes in the freezer) to make the processing easier.

              Then I mixed (by hand) equal parts ground beef and bacon. Then I made patties. Then I cooked them. Then the heavens parted, and angels sang my praises.

              They do cook a little longer, and they throw off a LOT more grease (it's a lot like cooking bacon), but they are seriously awesome.
              Thank you. Looks a plan for the coming week.

              Comment


              • #8
                My pants are now stained.
                "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tneah View Post
                  Just noticed you're from suburban Philly. Me, too! Name the restaurant .
                  Village Tavern in North Wales/Montgomeryville. It was a special, not on their regular menu.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not usually a huge bacon fan, but I HAVE to try this. I think even one piece of bacon ground in to a burger would be awesome.
                    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

                    http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd have licked the plate, even in public.
                      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IvyBlue View Post
                        I'd have licked the plate, even in public.
                        I'm confused. Is this not normal?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There were lots of "Oh my God"'s and I think I even dreamt about it last night.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The only thing better then a burger with bacon in it is one with a couple fried eggs on top.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              threw together some grass fed beef and uncured bacon today with feta & mesquite seasoning. Yup. God burger.
                              --Trish (Bork)
                              TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                              http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                              FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X