HELP Carb Refeed Food Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Carb Refeed Food Ideas

Calling all primals, if you have any recipes that meet the following criteria please share!!!

1) LOW fat, very low fat, with limited or no added fats
    2) NO sugar
    3) NO artificial sweetner
    4) NO dairy
    5) HIGH carb, must include starchy not fiborous.. (although additional fiborous carbs are OK) only from (potatoes/rice only... no corn/wheat/rye/etc)
    6) SKIP THE PEPPER (nothing HOT & SPICY!)

Thanks!
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

You should look through my thread

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29944.html
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

easy and simple
      Spring rollls:

5 spring rolls.
      cut up any veggie u like into strips i used carrots, bok choy, kelp noodles, sauerkraut.
      i used shrimp for protein.
      follow directions on paper roll package.

for sauce i used finely diced garlic, diced ginger, some tamari, rice wine vinegar and lemon juice.

the beauty of rolls u can add whatever u like and its quick and easy. 8 paper rolls will net u about 80ish-g of carbs just by themselves
      "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
      started @400+pounds
      CW: 191lbs 15%BF
      PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
      UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

Comment

I'm gonna be a dick and post this.

Yea, I can't wait to pick up the UD2 next week, drop this water weight and gorging on carbs.
        Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 11-11-2011, 12:48 PM.
        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Of course, for the sensible refeeders...

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 11-11-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I use this alot:
            baked russet potato fries
            Buffalo meat balls combined with gluten free noodles with marinara sauce (spaghetti)
            and low fat chocolate ice cream (not many ingredients in this guy, and tastes good)

Comment

Chips!!! That's English for Fries - you can now get a zero fat fryer from Tefal.
              Paul
              http://www.pjgh.co.uk
              http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
                started @400+pounds

Comment

Sounds like someone is anabolic dieting. (I am too).

So my carb up strategies usually includes pumpkin pie( ditch the cream cheese), sweet potato "fries", chestnut baked puree...

Comment

sweet JESUS i never knew spring roll wrappers had so many carbs!!!

ive been looking for an easy to digest carb because my body didnt like sweet potatoes ... i am plateauing and trying to carb up to get over it .. ive been on 30-35g of carbs a day and at 237lbs im sure thats not enough, even if i feel GREAT! i need to lose more weight!
                    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                      sweet JESUS i never knew spring roll wrappers had so many carbs!!!

ive been looking for an easy to digest carb because my body didnt like sweet potatoes ... i am plateauing and trying to carb up to get over it .. ive been on 30-35g of carbs a day and at 237lbs im sure thats not enough, even if i feel GREAT! i need to lose more weight!
                      ya i didnt realize either til i bought the package, i was lke really holy crap. great for refeeds tho.

my weight loss story...
                      started @400+pounds

Comment

Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet Recipe – Cassoulet with Chicken and Sausage - I make this without bacon, wine and tomatoes (and I totally skip the breadcrumbs, of course). Unlike the recipe, I like my carrots finely grated because they thicken the stew. I suggest that you use skinless chicken legs only because breasts are a bit too dry. My actual recipe is much simpler than on the website. I brown the onions, cube and brown the meat, grate the carrots (and parsley root when I have it) and put everything plus seasonings (less is more) in the crockpot. You don't even need chicken stock if you cook this in the crockpot. After two hours on high, I add the sausage (not a very bland variety if possible) and canned white beans (including the starchy liquid - another thickener; canned beans are one of the few processed foods I buy because I really like the taste) for another hour. It is excellent with rice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chochobo View Post
                          easy and simple
                          Spring rollls:
                          the beauty of rolls u can add whatever u like and its quick and easy. 8 paper rolls will net u about 80ish-g of carbs just by themselves
                          You win major creativity points for this. I'm asian and admittedly have never thought of using spring rolls for refeeds, mostly because I've never been much of a fan of asian food.
                          Congrats on your progress thus far, and keep the awesome refeed ideas coming!

Comment

Or try soups. Pumpkin soup - you basically just blend roasted pumpkin in beef or chicken stock. Or you can make potato soup (potatoes and root vegetables with homemade stock; you can blend some of it to thicken the rest).

Hummus is a good idea as well. And pumpkin risotto!
                            Last edited by Farfalla; 11-12-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys! The stews sound like an awesome idea, and the pumpkin recipes. Beans are out, hate beans and dont believe in eating them anyways. What were those muffins made out of Choco? I did notice you posted a lot of fruit, I thought fbruit wasn't the best idea? Ha well I've been using fruit anyways some berries in my protein shake and a banana pre-workout. I got up to 140g of carbs Friday which is the best I've done yet. However the brown rice is not agreeing with me.. I am going to try white, I just happened to still have some brown rice left.

I got wicked bloated, campy, and gassy I dont understand I had tons of rice when I was in Hawaii..maybe because it was only 1cup or so at a time and I didnt have any carbs most the rest of the day? Or maybe it was the way it was prepared? Maybe uncle bens 10 min rice isnt hte best choice?
                              Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X