X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian food

I am extremely new to primal lifestyle so bear with

how do we feel about Curry's

eg chicken balti- lamb rogan josh and other indian dishes?

I am presuming that these are fine for primal eating?

they are essential meats prepared with spices etc?

can anyone give a more definitive answer... thanks.
    To "pay the piper" means to face the inevitable consequences of one's actions

If you are talking about indian food prepared in your home with meats, veggies and spices (minus the bread and rice), then it is great.

When you are talking about eating out, you will get more than you bargain for at many restaurants - crappy oils, thickeners, and other artificial ingredients can be found in many dishes.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

thanks jammies- yes this is what i meant- and obviously minus naan bread and rice..
      To "pay the piper" means to face the inevitable consequences of one's actions

Comment

Amrit Dhaliwal.

That's what I'd like to eat.

Comment

Eating out in the UK you'd get a lot of vegetable oil in most curries. You could try drier dishes to avoid that. Tikka should be perfectly good. Maybe some restaurants cook with ghee but I doubt the majority (if you're feeling bold you could ask them to I guess!).
          The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
          (Lily Tomlin)

I take life easier than almost anyone I know, but when I exercise I do it as though my life depends on it (which it does).
          (Arthur De Vany)

Comment

Originally posted by brachiate View Post
            Eating out in the UK you'd get a lot of vegetable oil in most curries. You could try drier dishes to avoid that. Tikka should be perfectly good. Maybe some restaurants cook with ghee but I doubt the majority (if you're feeling bold you could ask them to I guess!).
            An Indian restaurant near me actually has printed on the bottom of the menu "All of our food is cooked in GM soy oil" - like that is a good thing! And I reckon most will buy their oil from similar suppliers. So I now eat curry rarely. And this is Surrey, UK.

Comment

Originally posted by brachiate View Post
              An Indian restaurant near me actually has printed on the bottom of the menu "All of our food is cooked in GM soy oil" - like that is a good thing! And I reckon most will buy their oil from similar suppliers. So I now eat curry rarely. And this is Surrey, UK.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                Amrit Dhaliwal.

That's what I'd like to eat.
                mmmmm tasty morsel

Comment

Working...
                X