The original recipe by "Jody" didn't require a whole lot of tweaking, other than replacing the artificial sweetener with stevia, a natural healthy no-carb sweetener. I also followed the advice of Linda Sue and added some vanilla extract. I plan to make this the day before Thanksgiving as it needs to fully cool on the counter and then be chilled in the refrigerator before serving. As far as taste goes, it tastes more like pumpkin pie than cheesecake. Either way, it is dense and delicious!
Primal Pumpkin Bake
Original Recipe by Jody
Adapted by Healthy Living How To
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 8 oz. Organic Cream Cheese, Room Temp
- 5 Large Organic Eggs
- 1/8 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder
- 15 oz. Organic Pumpkin Puree (fresh or canned)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Add all ingredients to medium bowl and mix with electric mixer until smooth (I just dumped it all in my Vitamix).
2. Pour into a 6x8 glass baking dish lightly sprayed with non-cook spray.
3. Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Set on wire rack and cool then cover and chill overnight in refrigerator.
5. Serve with fresh whipped cream.