Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So for cauliflower rice do i cook it before grating/processing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So for cauliflower rice do i cook it before grating/processing?

or can i process it dry and then nuke it for desired hotness?

I just steam it for 8-11 minutes (chopped up) and then just mash it up with a fork until it reaches that ricey consistency.

Comment

I cut mine raw using in the food processor (grating blade) ... throw it all in the cast iron skillet with a little coconut oil, cook to the desired tenderness, adding in shrooms, shallots, leftover meat, season with a little Coconut Aminos. Yummmm !
      Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
        or can i process it dry and then nuke it for desired hotness?
        I wouldn't "nuke" it. I would either grate it with a box grater or if you have a Vitamix use that. Then pan "fry" it. There are different variations depending on what you are going for. I make a Mexi "Cauli" Rice and a "Fried" Rice.

My Blog: Healthy Living How To
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
          I cut mine raw using in the food processor (grating blade) ... throw it all in the cast iron skillet with a little coconut oil, cook to the desired tenderness, adding in shrooms, shallots, leftover meat, season with a little Coconut Aminos. Yummmm !
          This is how I do mine, too.

(Lovely picture, Vanessa.)
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by Vanessa120 View Post
            I wouldn't "nuke" it. I would either grate it with a box grater or if you have a Vitamix use that. Then pan "fry" it. There are different variations depending on what you are going for. I make a Mexi "Cauli" Rice and a "Fried" Rice.

What size can of chopped tomatos do you use for the Mexi "Cauli"? Looks great!

Comment

I do mine in big batches and microwave it. I buy a few heads at once and "rice" them in the food processor and then put it into bags in the freezer. Before cooking it I microwave it for 6 minutes or so - I find it dries it out nicely and makes it taste better when cooked. Once microwaved I fry it up in coconut oil and whatever seasonings I'm using - usually cilantro and lime and S & P.

Comment

Working...
              X