What can I do with a whole pumpkin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do with a whole pumpkin?

Bought a 4.5 lb pumpkin at the store. What do I do with it? I can only think of baking it.

Back in college a friend made a pumpkin custard baked in a pumpkin shell. And you'd scrape out some of the pumpkin as you took the custard. It was great. I don't know the recipe, but I'm sure there would be a way to 'primalize' it.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Bake it.

Take the flesh you aren't using immediately, run it through a food processor, spoon into ziploc bags and freeze.

Comment

So is baking the only thing?
        I might try to find out more about that custard..

Comment

How's about pumpkin soup?
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

You can bake a stew inside it

Comment

Read here:
              Low-Carb Pumpkin Recipes | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Originally posted by rrrrrick View Post
                So is baking the only thing?
                I might try to find out more about that custard..
                Baking isn't the only way, but I find it's the easiest way to deal with a whole pumpkin just because of the size. Most recipes also call for pre-cooked flesh.

Comment

Pull out the seeds, cut in half and bake like any winter squash. All those pumpkin recipes that call for a can of pumpkin are just canned, baked pumpkin. You can freeze it up in can equivalent aliquots and save $1.97 a can.
                  Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Comment

Look at this: Stuffed Kabocha - Maangchi does it again. She's using a Kabocha but you can use pumpkin. If you don't eat rice, you can stuff the squash with sausage and vegetables. It's a very dramatic recipe.

I take acorn squash, cut in half, bake until tender, then put some frozen berries and some butter in each half - nuke until the fruit is warmed. You can sprinkle with cinnamon/cardamom. Yummm.
                    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

Comment

Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

what CANT you do with a whole pumpkin?! possibilities are endless!

Comment

Working...
                        X