My Best Cake so far:)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Best Cake so far:)

Last edited by ladycarnivore; 07-08-2012, 11:41 PM.

Umm, recipe please? :-)

Comment

Oh noes! That just looks too yummy -__-

Comment

I hope the recipe doesnt get posted, for the fact that Ill make 10 of them, eat them in 1 go and try not to feel guilty because Ill say to myself, at least theyre primal :P

Come on now people, you know youll do it too
        Organic / Wild / Pasture fed - thats Primal.
        Primal is a step to a healthier, stronger, longer life with weight reduction as a side effect.
        Primal is not just a weight reduction tool.

Comment

Ya can't dangle that carrot without a recipe:-)
          Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

"How fun is this?" LOL It would be much more fun if we knew how to make it! :P

Comment

Hi ladycarnivore,
              Looks great and yummy. As it is sugar free, can I make this for my diabetic mom?
              If yes then please do share the recipe.

Comment

Need this recipe!

Comment

Yes, recipe please!

Comment

YUM YUM YUM!!! Must try.

I just found this recipe and realized it is primal...Flourless Chocolate Cake

8 large eggs, cold
                    1 pound bittersweet chocolate (enjoy life chocolate chips, maybe?)
                    1/2 lb butter, (recipe calls for unsalted, but I like it with salted)
                    1/4 C strong coffee or coffee liqueur (optional)

Preheat to 325

line 8" springform with parchment grease sides and set in an aluminum foil "bed" (incase it leaks)

beat eggs until volume doubles to about 1 quart-about 5 minutes

meantime melt chocolate, butter and coffee if using in a large bowl

fold in 1/3 of egg foam till only a few streaks are visible, fold in another 1/3 and then the last and continue to fold in until no streaks are left.

place in prepared pan. and place that on a roasting pan in the oven and put water in the roasting pan (a bain marie-I think)

cook for 20 to 25 minutes, till the temp of the cake is 140. cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 4 days to allow to mellow.

About 30 minutes prior to serving invert cake onto a sheet of waxed paper and peel off the parchment then flp it right side up onto the serving platter.

Dust very lightly with cocoa powder.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

ummmmmm!please tell me the recipie.

Comment

Oooh! I'll have what she's having!

I want to try this with macadamia nuts, which have a better Omega 3/6 profile than pecans. Nom! Add pineapple and get a taste of Hawaii, maybe a sprinking of rum?

Are coconut crystals better/ worse than cane crystals aka sugar? Or honey?
                        Last edited by Adrianag; 09-24-2011, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I had the flourless cake for my birthday- intensely chocolate and incredible.
                          I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                          Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                          "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Till the date one of my favorite cake is "Deliciae Patissarie" carrot cake. My mum had ordered it on my birthday and for the first time I loved carrot cake. I would like to share the pic of my cakeCarrot CAke.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X