chicken nugget recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken nugget recipe?

Has anyone perfected a good chicken nuggets recipe? I really crave these sometimes and am wondering if there is any good way to make them with a crust on them somehow that of course tastes good!

thanks guys

This is pretty close, and you can use different nuts as well.

Hazelnut Crusted Chicken with Stealth Coconut | Mark's Daily Apple
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

thanks, ill have to give that a try some time!

Comment

I've mixed crushed pork rinds and parmesean (from a can) that was pretty good
        "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Comment

I make them with almond flour, tarragon, garlic powder and salt and pepper - my children haven't noticed that they're not "regular" chicken nuggets yet!

Comment

Like Olivia said, I used almond flour, seasoned salt, cracked pepper and garlic powder. I dip in eggs and then in the dry mix, and repeat, cooking in almond oil. I found that if you season the chicken too they are even yummier. Like flavoring each layer. Good stuff!
            My new blog! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37215.html Come see me!

Comment

Maybe you could try some recipe for (chicken) dumplings, and replace the flour with almond flour?
              Norak's Primal Journal:
              2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
              2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
              2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Comment

Originally posted by oliviascotland View Post
                I make them with almond flour, tarragon, garlic powder and salt and pepper - my children haven't noticed that they're not "regular" chicken nuggets yet!
                Do they look like regular chicken nuggets? They must if your kids can't tell. I will try your recipe though! What portions do you use of the ingredients? I imagine you just cut up a chicken breast into bite sized pieces? Thanks!

Comment

I just posted my favorite chicken nugget recipe on my blog yesterday. Caveman Bob's Blog - Recipe: Paleo Chicken Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCronk View Post
                    I just posted my favorite chicken nugget recipe on my blog yesterday. Caveman Bob's Blog - Recipe: Paleo Chicken Nuggets
                    As soon as I get my order of almond flour, I'm making these!

Comment

White rice flour.

It has an order of magnitude less toxins than any kind of nut flours, so it's much cleaner for your health.
                      It won't oxidize when you fry it like nut flours will since nut flours contain tons of omega 6.
                      It'll truly get crispy like real flour, unlike nut flours.
                      It's way cheaper than nut flours.
                      It works better as batter because the taste is neutral, unlike nut flours.

So, for a couple more grams of carbohydrate, you get better taste, better texture, way less toxins, almost no oxidized PUFA's instead of several grams of oxidized PUFA's and it's cheaper. Nut flours are an oxidized n6 playground and a caloric disaster. I wish they were as unpopular as they deserve to be.

If you refuse to have rice, then use potato starch or tapioca starch. Both will work better than nut flours, are way cheaper, way healthier and will produce a better texture. They're also considered to be "Primal tubers" and even though they're no nutritionally better than white rice flour, but if titles are important to you, your mind can rest easy.
                      Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 09-21-2011, 11:40 AM.
                      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I also need a good recipe of chicken nuggets but of different style. I ate nuggets once in a hotel and they were extremely tasty but they didn't tell me the recipe.

Comment

Working...
                        X