Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal non-egg, breafasty breakfast foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet potato hash browns. Cut some bacon into chunks, fry, then add chopped onions then grated sweet potatoes which you first press some of the liquid out between paper towels. I like to eat them with sour cream.

Almond meal pancakes with chopped, previously frozen strawberries.
    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I love a cup of hot broth in the morning. I loved croutons (toasted bread cubes) with it as well, but now use pork rinds instead.

Comment

Breakfast food is an issue for me, too. At the moment I'm having scrambled eggs with ratatouille (well, basically mushroom, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers and tomato sauted in a bit of butter with garlic and herbs) on days when I'm at home. On work days I make quinoa porridge (not strictly primal, I know, but I figure it's better than oatmeal) the night before and reheat it at work. I'm slowly reducing the amount of quinoa relative to the other ingredients. My current recipe is:

30g quinoa, rinsed then added to a saucepan with 2 cups water. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15min. Turn the heat off and allow to stand for a minute or two. Then I add 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut, 1 scoop protein powder, 80ml egg whites, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 0.5 teaspoons nutmeg and 0.5 teaspoons ground cloves. I usually turn on the heat again for a minute or two, to make sure the eggs are cooked. Then I add water, stirring, until it reaches the desired consistency, and then divide it into two tupperware containers. At work I reheat the porridge and top with about 40g blueberries. It's definitely yummy but I'm sure primal purists would have all sorts of problems with it (i'm a newbie, so i'm still getting my head around the whole primal thing).

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by acoronel View Post
          I love a cup of hot broth in the morning. I loved croutons (toasted bread cubes) with it as well, but now use pork rinds instead.
          Pork rinds, that's ingenious!

Comment

I've got a recipe for Sweet Potato Porridge (a great oatmeal replacement) over at my blog. It's very straightforward, and totally Primal.

Sweet Potato Porridge The Self-Making Man

Comment

Originally posted by Goldstar View Post
              Pork rinds, that's ingenious!
              That's one of the best compliments one can give me. Thank you, Goldstar!

Comment

I can recommend the grain-free granola (otherwise known as 'Nola') over at Girl Gone Primal - especially with a drizzle of cream. Yum yum.

Comment

I'm new, but I also dislike eggs

I've been brining a container with full-fat yogurt, lots of fruit (currently strawberries and blueberries), and some almonds. On the weekends when I'm home I make a smoothie with whey protein powder.

Comment

My husband just had a cold and wouldn't want an omlette, so for 2 days of the weekend I made more 'comfy' breakfasts.

Saturday: peaches and babanas fried in butter and then broiled with a drizzle of honey
                    Sunday: coconut meal/water and banana pancakes with a bit of tapioc starch

He's feeling better now, so back to eggs & mushrooms & veg breakkies. ANd he is another 2 lbs down Primal really does wonders for men even with those carby "deviations"!
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                    X