Who Doesn't Love Soup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Doesn't Love Soup?

It's getting to be that time of year. Soup time!!! Yes, I know there are a lot of lovely cold soups which are fantastic for summer, but I love a good bowl of hot, filling, comforting soup. The past week I've been making soup to start dinner. Granted it's still in the 90s and we're expecting record heat today, but so what? I'm a born Midwesterner and I can pretend it's starting to cool off, even if that means using extra A/C and drawing the blinds.

Some of the favorite soups I've recently made are:

Cauliflower Cheese
    Mixed Mushroom
    Curried Roasted Butternut Squash

Anyone have a favorite soup you'd like to share?
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

I love soup! I fixed spaghetti squash casserole this week for lunch, but next week I found recipe for italian sausage pumpkin soup, it sounds YUMMY! I let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by amazonmagic; 09-06-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I just made a Roasted Squash Soup last night, posted a pic in the "what's cooking" thread. The soup was awesome! Kids having it at school for lunch today!

Comment

I'd love to hear about the pumpkin sausage. That sounds like it would be really tasty.

I'm going to have to look at your picture in what's cooking. I tried to post a picture, but all I ended up with is the blue box with a ? in it.

Comment

not a fan.. thick stews yes, soup.. eh not so much
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
            not a fan.. thick stews yes, soup.. eh not so much
            Soup, Stew, Chowder, Bisque, Gumbo, Chili, Etc. It's all good to me.

Comment

would love some bisque, chowder, stew ideas. Oh there is a great chili recipe in a thread I started a while back called what's cooking.
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Mmmmmm...I love soup too (and it's really getting to be the weather for it here now!).

We made a really nice spicy pumpkin and coconut one last week and I am planning to make something tomorrow but not sure what yet...maybe chicken and leek or spicy courgette. And funnily enough my son requested sausage and pumpkin soup the other day, so I would be interested in your recipe if you wanted to share amazon magic.
                Finally uncovering the real me!

My 'Serious Six' journal.

Comment

Oooh, I made a pseudo-gumbo last night that was so good! Shrimp, chicken, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, onions, lots of garlic, celery, chicken broth, ton of Old Bay. No roux base of course, and no pukey okra. I love soup and I always make a huge batch so I can eat it for a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by finngirl71 View Post
                    Oooh, I made a pseudo-gumbo last night that was so good! Shrimp, chicken, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, onions, lots of garlic, celery, chicken broth, ton of Old Bay. No roux base of course, and no pukey okra. I love soup and I always make a huge batch so I can eat it for a couple of days.
                    Awww. No love for the okra? It makes a pretty good thickener, but I get it since it can be slimy.

Comment

Just made French onion soup tonight. My body is feeling crappy from a carb crashed couple days. So had some nice yummy soup to feel better.

Love the sausage pumpkin soup idea
                      Apryl

22lbs lost since giving up grains!

Comment

Canned pumpkin + broth + cream (or half and half) + curry powder + cinnamon = easy yumminess.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

We make a vegetable beef soup regularly during the winter. Basically it is browned beef (ground beef, stew meat, whatever you want) a can of tomato sauce, a can of diced tomatos, some beef bouillon ( you could probably use bone broth as the base), some water, a couple of bay leaves and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. It's pretty quick, and tasty, and warms you up on a cold wet day....

Comment

bortsh is my family's favorite soup. Myself, I have to say that I prefer sauercrout & mushroom tshi to bortsh. I also love asian style chicken soups, thick salmon heads soup and spinach-meatball soup or tomato-meatball or tomato-shrimp... I love vegetable pureed soups as well. All and all, I love sups. I miss a proper split pea soup with a big ham bone, and will make it one of these days as a cheat meal.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Leica, can you please post a recipe for the salmon's head soup? I bought 5lbs of Arctic char a while ago and asked for the bones so I could make fish stock. To my surprise, he gave me 9 whole fish frames, heads and fins included that still have a lot of meat on the bone. I'd love to get some ideas on how to use it. Best part was that the frames were free - he said folks don't usually ask for the frames and they are usually chucked off the boat as chum.

Comment

Working...
                              X