Who Doesn't Love Soup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    Canned pumpkin + broth + cream (or half and half) + curry powder + cinnamon = easy yumminess.
    i think even i could pull that off! gonna try it - sounds good plus i have a can of pumpkin i've been needing to use.

Comment

I tie heads in cheesecloth with spices (bay leaf, black pepper, coriander seeds, a couple of cloves, red chili, a star anise...), half an onion and some reject celery, cover with boiling water and let simmer for an hour or two or steep overnight on the 'warm' setting. Then I drain the broth, pick all the meat and cartilage I can from the heads (the tastiest part is behind the cheek and the cartilage), discard the rest, and stuff the soup with cod fillet or more salmon/other seafood. Then I throw in a bit of bock-choy or chopped onions, maybe some carrots. But, normally I like it to be all about fish and a wee bit of green.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Canned pumpkin + broth + cream (or half and half) + curry powder + cinnamon = easy yumminess.
        Similarly easy but spicy/different...
        Chicken stock + broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, + Butternut or other dense winter squash (I like buttercup particularly) + curry powder + garlic + lotsa ginger + cock sauce + cream or ricotta.
        Sometimes I add chicken meat too... or a couple of eggs swirled in like egg drop soup... for protein and make a meal of it.

I do "What'sIt" soups ALL the time!
        Formerly known as 'garbage can soup'... What'sIt Soup sounds better.

There is no exact recipe for any of the many, many, ways of making What'sIt soup... just general ideas.
        Somehow it always comes out exactly right!
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

What is cock sauce?
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

What is cock sauce?
            lol. I had the same thought, too.

I'm thinking he means the chili sauce with the rooster on the container? (Sriracha? Is that right?)
            ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
            PSW (9/10/12) - 224
            CW (12/5/12) - 208
            GW - 160

Comment

What is cock sauce?
              Originally posted by BearsBeetsBG View Post
              lol. I had the same thought, too.

I'm thinking he means the chili sauce with the rooster on the container? (Sriracha? Is that right?)
              LOL... sorry, yes! Sriracha! The bottle with the rooster.

Here in Florida you can actually get packets of soup mix in the 'International' isle that are Cock flavored...
              I actually bought a packet to keep around.

So... who wants some instant, Spicy Cock, soup?
              Last edited by cori93437; 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Oh, thank goodness!

Cock as in chicken....
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Oh, thank goodness!

Cock as in chicken....
                  Yeah. Thank goodness. I certainly wouldn't want the other kind...
                  ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
                  PSW (9/10/12) - 224
                  CW (12/5/12) - 208
                  GW - 160

Comment

And then there's the whole issue of: is it cock sauce as in "for cock" or "from cock."

Yes, I know I shouldn't have gone there and I'm hanging my head in shame.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                    X