X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use:

1 tbsp EVOO
    1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
    and lots and lots of Alessi Dipping Spices ( sea salt, garlic, various other spices)

i like to keep the EVOO and vinegar parts equal. but it all depends on your taste.

I actually like to chop my lettuce and dump it and the dressing in a BIG bowl. then i toss it and transfer it to a smaller bowl. it seems to taste better to me if i can get the dressing on it evenly.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      Isn't Tamari made with soybeans? I saw some in a store and I'm 99% sure it was in the ingredients. Some people use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce.
      Yes but no gluten in it like soy sauce has. Mark uses it in a lot of his recipes.

Comment

Tahini = yum!
        Most of the time I just drizzle it on straight, but I have mixed it with lemon juice (it sort of thickens the tahini though), tamari, balsamic and avacodo on different occasions - all GOOOOD!

Comment

If you'd prefer not to make your own salad dressing, there are some salad dressings made by Caveman Bob's that are made with macadamia nut oil. Caveman Bob's Paleo Sauces — Salad Dressings

You can use the coupon code "GROK" for 10% off.

Comment

The problem is that it is made with cottonseed oil badly. So what I do is drain the oil thoroughly bad and replace it with olive oil. Fortunately, this dressing is very special, separate and it is easy to do, but it is very expensive for a salad dressing, because it is already over $ 4 a bottle before I pour the olive oil in.

Comment

Shortly after starting the PB I walked past an advertisement for Buffalo Wild Wings and blurted out an FU to the sign. That inspired me to make my spicy chicken salads which uses Frank's Red Hot (original) mixed with a little chicken broth as a salad dressing over my greens, chicken, celery, hard-boiled egg, and a few cashews.

Comment

Creamy dressings can be made using a sour cream base, add spices and seasonings to taste, and dilute with coconut milk or half and half.

Comment

My husband has family in Italy and when we go there, his cousins only put olive oil on their salads with a little salt. I've tried this and it's really enhances the flavors of greens instead of covering them up. If I add balsamic vinegar, I tend to use very little in relation to the oil.

I've also like to add mashed anchovies or anchovy paste to olive oil, salt, pepper and a touch of lemon for a simple arugula salad.

Comment

This is a actual simple one to make. Cut the tomatoes into slices. Slice the onions, parsley and cucumbers. Combine all the three capacity together. Dress with a little of olive oil, angel cider vinegar, pepper and salt.

Comment

Working...
                    X