Cake Mix Opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake Mix Opinions

I've got a couple of gatherings/special occasions coming up and while I know that I can make something from scratch, I'd like to have opinions on this product I found via a link from U.S. Wellness. The biggest reason I'd be interested in this is because I'm going to be on a sailing vacation far from home with SAD eaters and I'd like to be able to make a dessert for them without schleping all kinds of ingredients on the plane, van, and onto the boat and hopefully showing them that my diet can be just as fun as theirs.
    http://www.wellnessbakeries.com/Well...es_package.jpg
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

I din't know the product. It's not primal, but it could be part of your 20%. I'm not sure whether sugar alcholols are a good substitute even if they are carb free.

My puddings mostly consist of either yoghurt, whipped cream, fage total yogurt, or mascarpone with fresh fruit. If you wanted something that would keep more easily than fruit, you could add chopped nuts and honey instead. Simple and refreshing.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

You're right Silky, sugar alcohols make this product not so great. And it just might not be all that great anyway. I haven't tried it and it's not cheap to buy. I'd like to be able to bake something for my sail mates. Trying to get them to eat yogurt would be like trying to take their rum away!
      I just have a fear the galley is going to be stocked with pastry, chips and crackers. Oh, and rum.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Whitelion bakery (found over in the resources section if I recall) sells primal cake mixes. I have not used their products (yet) but they sure do look good.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          If I remember correctly, Whitelion bakery (found over in the resources section if I recall) sells primal cake mixes. I have not used their products (yet) but they sure do look good.
          Thanks. I'll have to check that out, too.

Comment

I find these Primal Almond Butter Pumpkin Brownies | This Primal Life impress most people with very few ingredients. Even better if you can throw in some pumpkin pie spice and serve it with some whipped cream (assuming you do dairy)

Comment

Working...
            X