Cauliflower pizza vs Almond Meal Pizza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cauliflower pizza vs Almond Meal Pizza

I must say I've tried both and cauliflower pizza wins hands down. Almond meal is real heavy and is really dry and hard to work with ,but the cauliflower was easy and my wife loved it she asked for more which is not common with these types of recipes. I do however really like the almond meal pancakes.

I've never tried AM pizza, but I really liked the cauliflower pizza I made once. Time to make it again.

Comment

Another pizza idea I got from my low-carb cousin is to take a boneless chicken breast, cut it in half and pound it so it's thin, season w/ salt and pepper an any other spices you'd like then fry in a pan on both sides until cooked through, throw some (warm) pizza sauce, cheese and anything else on top (she fries up pepperoni and puts it on top) and eat. Cooking the chicken so it's really crispy makes it taste/feel more pizza like. She loves it and prefers this to regular pizza--just wanted to share!

Comment

We preferred the cauliflower as well here, only downside is the dairy though.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

+1 on the meat based pizza,FairyRae. the cauliflower is nice, but its total cheese overload, I prefer the cheese ON the pizza not IN the crust...

Comment

I'm partial to the almond meal pizza myself. It's very filling but satisfies my pizza craving better than the cauliflower crust does.

Comment

I tried making a cauliflower pizza today, ended up in disaster so I turned it into cauliflower rice...

So you know what... I'm just gonna get a real pizza sometime this week. :P

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
              ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

would you post the link to the recipe? thx

Comment

This is the recipe I used minus the fennel

http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Carb-Examiner~y2008m6d4-Cauliflower-Pizza-Crust-Worth-its-Wow-in-Gold

I&#39;ve had trouble with getting a real crip crust and you have to watch for burning under the broiler ,but if you use a well greased non-stick baking sheet and remove the pizza carefully it will come out okay.

Anybody have better luck with the pizza binding? More eggs?

Comment

Just got this link from the PB newsletter today--looks good! I&#39;ve used sunflower seeds to make pizza crust in the past, and I think it came out well!

Sunflower seed pizza crust: http://oreganicthrifty.blogspot.com/...d-thrifty.html

Comment

The cauliflower one has less omega-6

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                      "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Look what I made today!!

It tasted great, but there was still something missing though... is there anyway to get the crust to be a little harder and crispier?

Comment

No comments on my beautiful pizza? >:O

Comment

Would eat. Right now.

Comment

Raphael, that looks freakin&#39; good! I gather you&#39;re done w/ your school projects if you&#39;re churning out beauties like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X