X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with bone broth?

So, I made some bone broth.

Now how do I use it?

I have to be honest, drinking it straight up doesn't seem really appealing. I guess if I salted it, that would help it out, but it's pretty bland as-is.

Do you guys just use it where you would use stock?

Soups and stews!

Comment

what critters went into the broth?
      beef? caramelized onions and swiss cheese makes quick french onion. Tomatoes, Tabasco and garlic salt makes a nice tomato-beef.
      chicken? I like to simmer carrots (or any other veggie really) and then puree for a creamy soup.
      pork? sounds like ramen to me, so I add soy sauce and stir in a scrambled egg to make an egg drop noodle of sorts.

Comment

Soups, stews, for making sauces and gravies, for poaching meat in, to make a jus (to reduce the stock by about three quarters, so that it sets to a jelly, which has a much stronger taste and can be used to add flavour to vegetables or as a glaze for meats - it also takes up much less space in the freezer!), or as a base for some mousses - one of my favourite ones for (very) occasional use is to mix a beef jus with cream cheese until it's thoroughly mixed, then allow to set in the fridge and top with fish roe - very delicious!

Comment

Reduce it then drink it! (beef broth: try adding a shot of Manzanilla (very 'dry') sherry)!! If you don't like that special sherry flavour, try potato vodka.

Warm fresh broth/vodka shots; best medicine of both worlds. Yam-Sing!!!!!

May I suggest......'Pure' Paleo: 'just the 'old'.

Primal: 'the best of the 'old' and just the "cream" of the 'new'.
          activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Comment

I just warmed and salted/peppered mine and drank it.
            Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
            Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
            CW: 146.8 lbs
            GW 140 lbs
            A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Problem solved.

Hit with some salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and a dash of hot sauce.

It's DELICIOUS.

I'm gonna have to start making this more often.

Comment

Sauces! Definitely sauces!

And on chilly days, soup is tha bomb!

Comment

Working...
                X