Strawberry Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry Recipes

I went strawberry picking yesterday and brought home 3 qts, left one in the fridge to snack on (almost gone, my roommate devoured them) and froze the other two quarts. So, anyone have any good primal things to do with frozen strawberries?

If you do dairy, a little heavy cream poured over them is amazing.

Comment

I like them in my smoothies.

If you indulge in alcohol at all, there's this other thing I do with berries- usually strawberries.

Soak the berries in wine for a day or so. Your fruit to wine ratio depends on how thick or thin you want your drink. Throw it in a blender, add some mint or sweetener if you like.

As an alternative you can blend the frozen berries with the wine to make a wine slushy.

The cream is also a great suggestion.

Another thing you could do is make a primal pie with the thawed berries.

Comment

Not a fan of wine, but would it work well with vodka or rum? Are either of those primal?

I'm blenderless for the time being but that should change in about a month.

Comment

The other day, I made an omelet using eggs, coconut milk, coconut flakes, bananas, and strawberries. I had never really tried fruit in an omelet before, but I quite liked it.

Comment

I also throw them in my salad. Taste pretty good, with feta cheese. Come to think of that, throwing feta in the omelet might be good too.

Comment

Chocolate dipped strawberries

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or carob powder

1 cup 3 T. agave nectar

1/4 cup coconut oil or other cold-pressed oil

1/8 t. salt

16 ounces fresh strawberries

Preparation:

1. In a small bowl, mix together the raw cacao powder, agave nectar, oil and salt until well combined and smooth. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.

2. Line a large place with parchment. Holding the stem, dip each of the strawberries into the raw cacao sauce, placing them on the plate as you work. Place the plate in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving.

If you have any fresh left ;D

Comment

jp: A fruit omelet sounds pretty cool. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

clayberg: no fresh left alas. But I might be doing another round of strawberry picking this weekend, if so I'll leave 2 quarts unfrozen this time around.

I came across this recipe, I'm totally gonna try it out as soon as I get ahold of a blender: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/sou...berryvinag.htm

Comment

Strawberries with some balsamic vinegar are great for a summer dessert.

I also enjoying slicing them up in a bowl with some coconut milk.

My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

Oo wine-infused strawberries with mint sounds divine. I also second the strawberries in salad. One of my favorite flavor combinations is romaine lettuce, fresh strawberries, blue cheese, and walnuts with evoo & balsamic. I have also seen strawberries on swordfish before; I think that they were sliced and sautéed in butter, then tossed on top of a grilled piece of fish.

Comment

http://tarablogsabouteverything.blog...sa-week-2.html

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I like green smoothies (veggies w/ fruit)

Here's one I've made:

2 cups coconut water

1/2 c raw hazelnuts or almonds

1 1/2 c strawberries

4 collards w/o ribs

1 tbls raw agave nectar (or honey or stevia or whatever)

1 c frozen pineapple

Comment

Yay, someone else does collards in smoothies! I get the strangest looks when I tell people that. (Then again, I'm sure everyone here is used to "the look," lol.) I use frozen berries and collards (or spinach) for mine and some really strongly brewed green tea to thin it out. Shredded carrots are good, too. Have you ever gotten cucumbers to work? I tried it, but the flavor was just off.

Comment

Man, I really wish I had a blender. I won't be getting one for a few weeks.

Never thought of putting greens in a smoothie...I have kale in the freezer, would that work in place of collards?

Comment

Strawberry/Goat cheese wraps

Take a big (washed and dried) lettuce leaf

Spread a dab of goat cheese (if you don't do dairy some coconut cream would work) on it

Slice enough fresh strawberries to lay down the middle of the leaf (4-5 big ones work for me)

Sprinkle with a dash of balsamic vinegar (you can add a bit of olive oil too if you need more fat)

Wrap up in the leaf (either taco or burrito style) and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X