Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip off Chipotle's cilantro lime rice

Made this last night, pretty tasty.

(this made enough for 2 decent portions)

cauliflower rice (maybe 1/3 of a HUGE head)
    1 tbsp butter
    zest of half a lime
    2 tsp lime juice
    2 tbsp chopped cilantro (I used 2 of those frozen cubes from Trader Joes)

Melt butter
    Add cauliflower and brown slightly
    Add zest, juice and cilantro and stir
    Salt and pepper to taste

This sounds dee-lish. I haven't ever been to a Chipotle's but it sounds good to me.

Comment

Do you pre-cook the cauliflower or does it just cook in the butter? I want to try this!
      Female
      31 yrs old
      5' 1"
      started: 113.5
      current: 109.7
      goal: my only goal right now is to get pregnant... 14 cycles and counting.
      exercise: Body by Science - loving it.

Comment

This looks like a pretty good fit. I've made lime rice in the past, but I should definitely try this with the cauliflower.

Comment

I'm game to try this out.
          Georgette

Comment

I've made it with and without cooking the cauliflower. I usually buy a huge cauliflower and "rice" it and put it right into the freezer. First time I microwaved it for 5 minutes and then put it in the pan (I find this dries it out a little and it tastes a little less veggie-like). Second time it was fresh so I didn't precook it - it did have a more cauliflower like taste - thought it was still enjoyed by a carb-eater

Comment

Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
              I usually buy a huge cauliflower and "rice" it and put it right into the freezer. First time I microwaved it for 5 minutes and then put it in the pan (I find this dries it out a little and it tastes a little less veggie-like).
              This is utterly brilliant. Will buy cauliflower tomorrow, grate it and freeze it! Thanks for the tip!
              F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

just what jackie said, I LOVE the idea of having cauli-rice in the freezer. I freeze everything, can't imagine how I didn't think of it but thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X