Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thoughts?

    I'm making a salad with tri-tip and mango avocado salsa and I need a dressing.

    I would personally be happy with just the salsa, but the boy will bitch all evening and I will not be (am never) in the mood for it.

    Maybe some sort of creamy cilantro dressing?

  • #2
    Tell your "boy" to go get his own damn dressing.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

    Comment


    • #3
      Olive oil makes for great dressing...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
        Tell your "boy" to go get his own damn dressing.
        Lol. If past experiences have taught me anything, that would only create more pouting.

        Perhaps I'll just stick with the salsa. The bitching is more tolerable.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Captain Archer View Post
          Olive oil makes for great dressing...
          I agree. I'll probably have no dressing on mines.

          This guy needs everything to have "more flavor," which I've come to realize appears to just be a lot of high-sodium products (soy sauce, worcestershire, fish sauce, salt, etc.). Trying to wean him off of it has proven difficult.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by annieloux View Post
            pouting.
            I think we need to address a more serious problem here. Dump this man-child.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
              I think we need to address a more serious problem here. Dump this man-child.
              I've noticed most men act like little boys. They just don't see it

              Comment


              • #8
                If you're OK with dairy, then you can blend some fresh herbs into sour cream thinned with a little buttermilk. "Ranch" dressing is just garlic powder and onion powder and makes a pretty good base for other flavors. Lemon-pepper seasoning is good too. I made a really yummy parsley dressing for lambchops once which was just olive oil, fresh parsley, lemon, garlic cloves, and salt and pulverized in the blender, something like that might work with cilantro.
                Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

                Comment


                • #9
                  If he craves salt.. give him salt. Give him organic sea salt
                  It makes for a great alternative to the nasty table salt and sodium nitrite.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ottercat View Post
                    If you're OK with dairy, then you can blend some fresh herbs into sour cream thinned with a little buttermilk. "Ranch" dressing is just garlic powder and onion powder and makes a pretty good base for other flavors. Lemon-pepper seasoning is good too. I made a really yummy parsley dressing for lambchops once which was just olive oil, fresh parsley, lemon, garlic cloves, and salt and pulverized in the blender, something like that might work with cilantro.
                    Thanks! This is sort of what I was thinking. With a little bit of jalapeno pepper or something.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Captain Archer View Post
                      If he craves salt.. give him salt. Give him organic sea salt
                      It makes for a great alternative to the nasty table salt and sodium nitrite.
                      I just bought some for the first time! Well. Some cheapo shit from Trader Joe's that is probably not of very high quality. Pain to get it out of the container, but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

                      Where do you get yours?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Das Foods Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt- Organic Sea Salt 6 oz Jar: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

                        Great tasting in my opinion.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X