X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Roasted Mango-Habanero Glazed Salmon. Basically
    Wow, sounds organismic!

Comment

Chop together: garlic and parsley then toss with lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on the fillet then bake.

Comment

I didn't like it either until I started cooking it myself. Marinade in olive oil, lemon juice and zest, salt, tarragon and a hint of garlic. Grill or cook it on a griddle pan. Yummmm.
        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
          Wow, sounds organismic!

I initially read that as orgasmic

Comment

Have you gone to a Japanese resturaunt and eaten sashimi before? its like being in heaven.....

Comment

Originally posted by jqbancroft View Post
              I initially read that as orgasmic
              Actually I did mean to type orgasmic! Damn auto correct!

Comment

Grilled or baked with butter, garlic, dill, lemon wrapped in foil.
                Georgette

Comment

Everyone's different, and it may be that you may never grow to love salmon. If that's the case, there are other seafoods to enjoy nutriitionally.

I do have one friend who absolutely HATED fish -- but when he tried raw fish in the form of sushi at the instigation of a friend, he was, in a word, hooked.

Maybe the salmon you've eaten in the past has been over-cooked, or cooked at all. OR maybe you would prefer it well-done and dry, or even canned? Or, test it smoked. Wild smoked salmon tastes different than farmed Atlantic salmon, and both are available at some Costco outlets. If all these textural opportunities continue not to appeal, try different fishes. Sardines are high in Omega 3s, and at least in this area they are available both fresh and in cans (with water or oil).

Comment

From past experience, I've grown to love salmon using 2 gateway ingredients:

ginger
                    any form of citrus (mostly lemon, lime or the little filipino sour thingies)
                    Currently dabbling in: IF, leangains, Starting Strength, 5/3/1

Comment

Working...
                    X