Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Below is sort of the recipe I used. I tweaked it a bit to primalize it, and seasoned it to my liking.

Ingredients

4 boneless/skinless Chicken Breast
    1 can Diced Tomatoes (seasoned kind - ok)
    2 tbs Olive Oil
    2 jars Roasted Red Peppers
    1 Onions, chopped
    4 tsp Garlic
    2 tsp Jalapeno Peppers (optional for "kick")
    Brown Rice
    1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium casserole dish (I like to use a large cast iron skillet).
    2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken until juices run clear.
    3. Puree the roasted red peppers in a blender or food processor until smooth. (Since my kids don't like tomatoes, I also puree them too.) In the prepared casserole dish, mix the cooked chicken, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onion, and garlic (and optional jalapenos). Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and top with feta cheese.
    4. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve over rice.

Edit: I served it over a bed of spinach mixed with a little parsley. I'm sure it would be good with rice but I didn't have any.

Comment

• Ok, so I'm a big time lurker (big time) but I made this tonight and barely got a picture off in time before the plate was gone. I've been having trouble getting enough leafy greens, but I don't think so after tonight!

This was a 5 minute prep, and so delicious. Essentially

Spinach
      1/2 an anaheim pepper (diced)
      2 pieces of bacon (diced)
      1 crushed garlic clove (I cheat and use Dorot cubes: http://www.nourition.com/wp-content/...0/DSC_1000.jpg, available at most organic fooderies)
      1 dorot cube of diced chilis (for the kick!)

Basically heat up the bacon and peppers in a skillet on medium heat, get the bacon cooking, and if there's not enough grease in the pan add some more bacon fat from your little jar/tub of reserves. Add the garlic. Then add the spinach until it wilts, add more, wilt, repeat till you're satisfied then toss in the chili at the end stir up a little and serve.

This is a single serving for single people haha, more people add more of everything! Also, if you don't have spare bacon fat, you're missing out! Its the only way I can make a frying pan steak taste good. It keeps the meat moist and delicious. I think this may be my new morning side (or main!)

Comment

• I will need to go back through this thread and actually read all the entries. The Heroin chicken looks fantastic! I will have to sub parm for sheep's milk romano but hey I know my kids will want to try it.

Tonight we are having roasted lamb accompanied by roasted baby carrots, swweet potato and patty pan squash. Can't wait for it to be ready it smells divine!
        I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
        HT: 5'7"
        SW: 223 June 2012
        CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
        TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Comment

• Awesome looking dish and the chicken one above looks tasty.

Last night i made the smoked paprika chicken thighs from the make it paleo book and tonight i did Marks recipe from last week balsamiv glaze chicken..both awesome
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• From the "What's for Dinner" thread, I have to spread the word, this was sooooo good.

OMFG, I made the BEST dinner. I converted this 'tortilla' recipe to something a bit more middle eastern, like a pita. Primal Tex-Mex Tortillas and Taco Seasoning | Mark's Daily Apple When I made it as tortillas it seemed more M.E. anyhow. I upped the spices, used cumin (which I love) and garlic instead of the chili powder. I also mixed 1/2 kefir with 1/2 water for the liquid and lemon juice instead of lime. Then I made a basic tahini sauce with lemon, garlic and olive oil. I cut up chicken breasts and marinated them in what was actually a cuban marinade, mojo criollo, but it has enough of the right spices so close enough. Skewered then grilled them then threw the 'tortilla/pitas' on the grill to warm them back up. Ate with cubed tomatoes drizzled in olive oil.
            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Some good things I've made recently:

- Pork belly. Just plopped it in the crock pot with salt and pepper and about half cup of water. Way better than when I followed a recipe that had lots of ingredients.

- Oxtails. Just plopped in the crock pot with salt and pepper and about half a cup of red wine. Way better than when I followed a recipe with lots of tomatoes and coconut milk. The coconut milk was way too much fat and gave me a tummy ache.

Oxtails have an unusual flavor all by themselves. Probably from the gelatin. I really like it. I get conventional since a local conventional market is the easiest place to find unusual cuts and offal. All the markets where I can get grass-fed beef only sell expensive cuts like ribeye or NY strip, or if they sell cheaper cuts, it's just expensive chuck.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• I've been sitting back on some favourite recipes and easy food for the last while ... tonight was a white onion and scallop risotto (just a little ... a taster), then the overture of sous vide salmon over a cauliflower puree, sliced boiled egg and mustard greens all around. Easy food, yes, technical, but easy techniques so that you can prep and just eat eat bit as you want it.
                Paul
                http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

• I'm making a version of the zucchini bake from the PB cookbook with lamb this time. Mmm... my house smells so lamby :P I didn't have onions so I used a freeze dried vegetable mix and some salt and pepper to season. Topped with Beemster cheese (also kind of sharp, like the asiago Mark recommends). Drooling my head off waiting for it to be done!

Comment

• ... something I've not done for years! Roasted monkfish wrapped in Parma ham. I'll be serving over a sweet potato "muffin" in a lake of leftover Bouillabasse sauce. Spinach, too. Almost ready.
                    Paul
                    http://www.pjgh.co.uk
                    http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

• My new favourite breakfast food is prosciutto wrapped asparagus with goat cheese. I roll them up the night before and they only take about 12 minutes in the oven. They go great with eggs!
                      I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
                      HT: 5'7"
                      SW: 223 June 2012
                      CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
                      TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Comment

• Normally my diet is chines and I like to eat and make chines dishes. But some time I subsist on cream sauces, butter and egg yolks with meat and non-starchy vegetables for garnishment. All my meals have a foundation of green vegetables. The only thing missing is bread.

Comment

Working...
                        X