Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pjgh View Post
    The Cottage Pie turned out well ...

One that "the boss" truly enjoyed and requested that I do again ... with cauliflower rather than potato! Result
    FYI.. If I ever get to come to the UK, I am inviting myself to dinner
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Just more bone broth. 36 hours so far in the crockpot.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
        FYI.. If I ever get to come to the UK, I am inviting myself to dinner
        You'll be welcome ...
        Paul
        http://www.pjgh.co.uk
        http://www.livingintheiceage.co.uk

"... needs more fish!"

Comment

• I'm packing up for a continued vacation so I'm aggravating to use up all the being ambuscade in my freezer. This anniversary I accept fabricated bison meat assurance, broiled aerial, thai shrimp bloom, lamb kabobs, and tonight we had kangaroo chili.

Comment

• made a yummy iced coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon. YUM!
            Karin

Comment

• Although not 100% paleo, but Ive been making a lot of different types of spring rolls atm.

In the grand scheme of things, about 6 wrappers in a day (that involves cardio/MA), its not too much to worry about.

Been making different types of spring rolls, chicken liver, wild salmon, chicken breast. Really nice.
              Organic / Wild / Pasture fed - thats Primal.
              Primal is a step to a healthier, stronger, longer life with weight reduction as a side effect.
              Primal is not just a weight reduction tool.

Comment

• Managed to get hold of a couple of rabbits, so I made a rabbit stew last night. After cleaning out the carcases (they were skinned, but not cleaned, and the dog got the innards for her suppper!) I browned the rabbit quarters in lard, then removed them whilst I cooked a couple of chopped onions, 4 - 5 carrots (cut into chunks) and 4 cloves of garlic in the lard, then added the rabbit back in. Then I added some pheasant stock/bone broth (I happened to have it in the freezer) and a good glug of red wine and put it in the oven for approx. 3 hours. It was absolutely delicious served with broccoli and cauliflower and white rice for those in my family who eat it!

Comment

• Originally posted by RumbleRo View Post
                  Although not 100% paleo, but Ive been making a lot of different types of spring rolls atm.

In the grand scheme of things, about 6 wrappers in a day (that involves cardio/MA), its not too much to worry about.

Been making different types of spring rolls, chicken liver, wild salmon, chicken breast. Really nice.
                  Thinking about this I remember Mark making some sushi type rolls that would be awesome with your wild salmon and chicken breast- not so sure @ the chicken liver BUT I wouldn't rule anything out. So days that are not cardio/MA you could still have something similar.
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by oliviascotland View Post
                    Managed to get hold of a couple of rabbits, so I made a rabbit stew last night. After cleaning out the carcases (they were skinned, but not cleaned, and the dog got the innards for her suppper!) I browned the rabbit quarters in lard, then removed them whilst I cooked a couple of chopped onions, 4 - 5 carrots (cut into chunks) and 4 cloves of garlic in the lard, then added the rabbit back in. Then I added some pheasant stock/bone broth (I happened to have it in the freezer) and a good glug of red wine and put it in the oven for approx. 3 hours. It was absolutely delicious served with broccoli and cauliflower and white rice for those in my family who eat it!
                    sounds deliciously primal
                    Karin

Comment

• It was nice enough to grill out!! Grilled filet mignon and made brussels sprout/bacon hash with some paleo lemonade on the side. YUM!
                      Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        Thinking about this I remember Mark making some sushi type rolls that would be awesome with your wild salmon and chicken breast- not so sure @ the chicken liver BUT I wouldn't rule anything out. So days that are not cardio/MA you could still have something similar.
                        Thanks, Ill look it up.

ahah chicken liver is lovely, as it is, in pate, woooooo.
                        Organic / Wild / Pasture fed - thats Primal.
                        Primal is a step to a healthier, stronger, longer life with weight reduction as a side effect.
                        Primal is not just a weight reduction tool.

Comment

• oh love me some chicken livers too! Making up a batch of bacon wrapped chicken livers and Marks Primal BBQ sauce to go with it today.
                          Karin

Comment

• We blanched some poblano peppers (~5 minutes in boiling water) and stuffed them with ground beef, onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomato, a bit of cheese (and a bunch of mexicanish spices) and baked for 35-40 minutes at 350.

Fan-freaking-tastic. My wife, who doesn't usually like peppers or onions, was raving about them.
                            carl's cave

Comment

• It was chilly up here yesterday so I made a Roasted Squash Soup and topped it with Roasted Peppers and Ground Beef!

Comment

• I just made spicy burgers with corn salsa. YUM!
                                Sweet corn salsa on spicy burgers The Cavewoman Cafe
                                http://cavewomancafe.wordpress.com/sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X